Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I thought a high elf force would be fun to make prior to the new edition. I decided to make a force that might use many special character (especially Caradryan since I like him a lot). However there is fluff behind them so I invented a way some of them might be in the same army. Here is the list so feel free to comment:

Lords

Teclis-475

Heroes

Caradryan-175 points

Korhil-140 points

Core

10 high elf archers-110 points

Special

15 swordmasters of hoeth-has full command and the banner of sorcery-305 points

15 phoenix guard-has full command and a war banner-275 points

15 white lions-has full command, banner of arcane protection and the guardian has the sword of battle-300 points

total:1995 points

The fluff consists of Teclis going off on some quest and so brings some swordmasters as a bodyguard. As guardian of the phoenix king Korhil is sent off to protect Teclis since he is a major asset to the elves by order of the phoenix king and so brings some of his warriors. Finally Asuryan commands Caradryan to look out for Teclis since he knows how great he is and so he summons some phoenix guard to accompany him.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Well if you are playing fluff then Korhil will be with the white lions and caradryan in the phoenix guard... but if you are playing nasty then switch them over.

Its not the worlds nastiest list... but is certainly quite nasty. I would get rid of a unit of archers to make room for a 2nd mage (with ring of fury and silver wand if you can find the points), I would get any extra points by stripping the magical items from the white lions. EVen if you dont do that I would switch the banners round- take arcane protection on teh SMs since they are the ones most vulnerable to enemy magic and give sorcery to the lions as they are less likely to die (I almost always place mine in the phoenix guard but a war banner in ther einst a bad plan).
Anothe fun thing I do is to put a battle banner BSB with phoenix guard... but you would have to drop a SC if you wanted to do that.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only problem dropping any archers means the army is no longer legal since it needs at least 3 core units. I plan to slap Teclis in the swordmasters so that my 3 elite units are safe. I might swap the sword of battle for the skeinsliver so I get to make the first move.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Start Teclis in the most central forward unit you have- you want his spells to be affecting as much of the field as you can get... but hten when the enemy start to get in closer retreat him to the archers or if the enemy has little in the way of shooting or magic missiles then just run him out on his own. If teclis is still in a unit when it hits combat then you have done something very, very wrong- even if he was flanked by Caradryan and Korhil I still wouldnt be happy to have him in b2b with the enemy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts