Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
After I just got my Metals! Oh well, this is still pretty good news. I only picked up 10 White Lions, after all.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Plastic dragon princes will be great... but even though Im a HE player (in theory) who needs white lions my first reaction is as an ogre: "oh no, not more ASF S6 elves" :cray: well at least that should stop the proxies

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Bah I hate Elf Dragon Princes... those are horses not dragons!. I know the fluff can't give them all a dragon but I still don't like them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Why do the White Lions and Phoenix Guard seem super-expensive to me? 10 plastics for $40? Should I start trying to stockpile the $25 10-man kits for my VC army before they kill everyone else on plastic dudes as well?

·
Registered
147 Posts
^^That was my immediate thought, too. In my brain it went something like this:
"$41.25 for 10 plastics! That's ridiculous! . . .Wow, those Phoenix Guard look pretty good. . .Who the hell painted the flesh on these models- my nine-year-old?"

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why do the White Lions and Phoenix Guard seem super-expensive to me? 10 plastics for $40? Should I start trying to stockpile the $25 10-man kits for my VC army before they kill everyone else on plastic dudes as well?
It's the same price as the Empire Greatswords, so I guess it's what we'll need to expect as standard now for new plastic kits for elite infantry (I'd guess the core troop stuff will stay much the same though, other than the normal price rises).

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Where are you getting these prices from?
Prices are on the advanced orders page:

Dragon Princes are £18 a pop, roughly $28 as a straight converison, no?

White Lions and Phoenix Guard are £25 which I make $38 (rounded up)

Painted models are there too if you are happy looking at the ones with the boxes.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Oh shit, I've just seen those PG - Those are, amazing. As always, the fucking cartoon painting is ruining them, but let a real painter near those, and they'll be almost as good as the Chaos Warriors. The cloaks are... Insane, and my only real complaint is the drummer, and the oversized Halberd Axe heads.

The Dragon Princes... Less so, actually, but I'm sure that's the shit painting+shit photographer. It's just a shame they didn't continue the scale/full length skirt caparison - I loved that on the Noble model.

White Lions... Ouch. They fucked up here, IMHO. Axes are beautiful, cloaks look good. But fuck me, these are meant to be woodsmen, although kings guard etc. I'd have preferred the full length skirts and and the Top knots make no fucking sense considering the banner is going straight behind, while they're going to the side, especially on such static models. Damn, I'd had high hopes for these Post W:AoR artwork.

Shadow Warriors and the Island of Blood Reavers are still the best models they've done yet for the HElf specials, IMHO.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Squeek you've got the prices the wrong way round.
The dragon princes are £18 which is fairly standard for cavalry what most find extortionate are the elite infantry price tag of £25 for 10 the same as the Empire greatswords.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL i seriously cant understand the problem people have with the price's, yesterday you could buy those two elite infantry for £31.50 rrp today you can advance order them for £25 and the cavalry was £35 today its £18 and i know for a fact that all three kits have optional bits.
Now one of the most common subjects that come on on this forum(and all the others) is price and not being able to afford to play, GW give what is in effect a price cut for high elf players and people are still moaning. The two elites are the same price or less as 10 minis of from the same special section in all warhammer ranges, check beastigors,dark elf back guard,empire greatswords, some are cheaper like black orcs and some are alot more like chaos choosen, but they are by no means out of the ordinary.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I don't like these new plastics, the white lions are the best of a bad bunch, even though the skin looks like a zombies, the pheonix guard are OK, but just look abit OTT to me and I prefer the current metal ones. The dragon princes, again are OK but not enough to pursuade me to replace my metal ones with.

The old shadow warriors (the ones in the previous edition) are my favouite HE special lookwise followed by the new reaver knights, and lion chariot.

The prices of the new plastics did make me feel rather il though

·
Registered
432 Posts
LOL i seriously cant understand the problem people have with the price's, yesterday you could buy those two elite infantry for £31.50 rrp today you can advance order them for £25 and the cavalry was £35 today its £18 and i know for a fact that all three kits have optional bits.
Now one of the most common subjects that come on on this forum(and all the others) is price and not being able to afford to play, GW give what is in effect a price cut for high elf players and people are still moaning. The two elites are the same price or less as 10 minis of from the same special section in all warhammer ranges, check beastigors,dark elf back guard,empire greatswords, some are cheaper like black orcs and some are alot more like chaos choosen, but they are by no means out of the ordinary.
Because people still reckon that plastics should be much much cheaper than metals, despite that not being how GW have worked for years. And yes, it's the same price as the last half dozen releases for the same slot, but you don't really expect GW to announce something and for people not to bitch and moan about it, do you? :p

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Squeek you've got the prices the wrong way round.
The dragon princes are £18 which is fairly standard for cavalry what most find extortionate are the elite infantry price tag of £25 for 10 the same as the Empire greatswords.
Ahh yeah, sorted now.

Personally I find £2.50 per model a little steep considering they are plastic. Which is why GW don't sell as much directly as they used to, to non-beginners who know about discount. Doesn't matter if Goldswords and their ilk are the norm now, steep is still steep.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Because people still reckon that plastics should be much much cheaper than metals, despite that not being how GW have worked for years. And yes, it's the same price as the last half dozen releases for the same slot, but you don't really expect GW to announce something and for people not to bitch and moan about it, do you? :p
It's a knee jerk reaction. They could release a £30 Scale Emperor Titan, and people would still complain.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Me personally I couldn't care less what GW sell their mini's for. I have 4 armies that are big enough to chop and change to cover most eventualities and I recently got another army for my son so that covers my painting urges.
I think the main problem with the cost of the new sets is not that long ago you could get a full regiment of 20 plastic troops for about £16 - 20 and although they were nowhere near the quality they are know they're not 2 and a half times better.
All the extra plastic junk they chuck in the boxes doesn't really settle right with me as in all honesty I prefer not to use most of it as it's just more to paint.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Plastics do not cost less than metals to produce...they are MUCH more expensive, therefore to justify a plastic kit you have to sell more.

An elite unit will never sell as much as a core unit, so the costs are going to be higher.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts