Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been flicking through my High elf book.

If I want a tooled up prince, I might aswell buy Tyrion.

If I want a tooled up mage, I might aswell buy Teclis.

Could any of you high elf players run me through what are good items to have on your characters?

I've noticed Items like the Silverskein and Silver wand, both are fantastic for their costs. As is the Sword of Hoeth.

Any others? Any item layout strategies?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Oh there are several good item layouts in there... I just wish I had my book with me so I could throw out a few...

I play a lot of Dark Elves, Ogres, and Dwarves so when I throw out my Archmage with a Talisman of Saphery and Robes of Forliath (spelling?) and stick him in a duel with they're "mighty" hero, that's a life saver. Daemons just laugh at it though, haha.

What I like about Princes is that there is more than one way to get a rerollable 2+ AS that ignores Flaming Attacks and a good Ward save to boot. They are just not as killy as our Specials tend to be, so I'd rather keep them tooled toward defence with magic items. Four S5 attacks will have to do.

The one thing I starting to want to do is to bring along a Mage with the item that make the opponent roll twice on the miscast table per miscast and then I pick the result I like. This seems like it would be great for larger games.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I alway prefer the robes of forlith on a BSB, he can't take a magic banner but with the improvements to BSBs its a sacrifice I'll make

Teclis is really good now, but he is still a crazy amount of points so avoid using him unless your in a really big game. Tyrion has had less of a buff but is still pretty awesome, due to sunfang and the armour

If your putting you prince on a horse, star lance is amazing, as are tremakadors gauntlets. Sorry can't spell the names

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Foliath's robes and talisman of saphery are harsh on an archmage: you lose your attacks (all 1 of them) but cannot be hurt in close combat by anything that isnt a daemon/forest spirit/etheral.
Other then that I would normally just take Teclis... well, I wouldn't, but only because my better nature normaly takes over and stops me taking Teclis.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I take a level 4 instead of Teclis because I don't like auto-winning games.

Tyrion is worse now that you cannot take an Armour save AND a Ward AND Regenerate. This renders one of his items pointless.

And unless it's a BSB, I'd much rather have Karadryan or Korhil over a Prince any day of the week (especially Karadryan, nothing says "Fuck you!" like killing the Combat Monster Lord who just killed you in a challenge).

I like the Silver Wand, the only problem is that it's an arcane item, which stops you from taking several of the better (albeit more expensive) items. Can't beat it for cheap and cheerful though.

I also love the Sigil of Asuryan, which is a dispel scroll that removes the spell from the game on a 4+ which can be really helpful.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Regenerate is pointless - he's immune to flaming attacks, so regenerate is just a ward save. If it did what it used to (on a 2+ restore him to full health), it would be better.

As said, the GW, Armour of Caledor, and Gauntlets protects you sufficiently well. Due to the upgraded rules for Great Weapons (+2S mounted), he can now go with Dragon Princes, and enable them to break through some units if they get challenged. On a Dragon, it's sort of useless - you have low initiative, and if you get challenged, well, you've wasted 360pts.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts