Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant see anything in my army book or the rulebook, that would stop a HE bsb take a great weapon anyone know any different?

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Hmm... I can't find it either, but I could swear that he can only use a hand weapon or magical hand weapon. I mean, one hand is taken up by holding the banner... but then again, the BSB can use a shield, if you look at their models they show in the army book, so maybe High Elf BSBs are special in not having equipment restrictions.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
it must say in the army book somewhere that they can carry a magical standard up to an unlimited points limit and a hand weapon or a mundane standard and a one handed magic weapon

·
Registered
84 Posts
It normally says that a BSB can take a magical banner with no point limit but then he can take any other magic items. It also normally says they can't take a shield but we couldn't find this anywhere in the HE Army book.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hmm... I can't find it either, but I could swear that he can only use a hand weapon or magical hand weapon. I mean, one hand is taken up by holding the banner... but then again, the BSB can use a shield, if you look at their models they show in the army book, so maybe High Elf BSBs are special in not having equipment restrictions.
Normally such a restriction is built in to the battle standard entry in the army book but in the case of the HE army book, no such rule exists.

This means that the convention is to take a bsb with a great weapon and armour of caledor (for a fighty bsb) or your chosen banner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bsb

Just read it in my HE Armybook...

"The Battle Standard Bearer can have any magic banner (no point limit), but if he carries a magic banner he cannot carry any other magic items."

Im reading this as take what the **** you want as long as it isnt a magic item.

And its ok to take whatever if you dont take a magic banner. :good:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts