Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, It has been a long time since I made a post.
So to make a good comeback I bring to you my new bought Hierophant.
I think that I made a mistake because I first thought that painting tanks was difficult and time-stealing then but since I saw that THING in my hands, I actually know that I was wrong... ooh yeah.
Here some pics of the Tyranid still unpacked

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Wow Gareth, that's an excellent tutorial...the model itself is a prime example of the care and effort you put into the beasty.

After reading all that you have your work cut out for you OP....good luck!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So here are the big parts
It was late yesterday so I didn' t do anything special, only glued the head and the last vent.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
this model just looks too crazy to function, let alone be a huge killy bug :p

was there much flash/chunks 'o' resin to remove from the model?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this model just looks too crazy to function, let alone be a huge killy bug :p

was there much flash/chunks 'o' resin to remove from the model?
I tell you that there was enough junk on It to begin to hate Forge World
Btw I noticed that on many models the vent is made out of resin and is already there, so why the hell didn' t they do the same on my model, I nearely cryed because I thought that It was already broken

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so yeah since I don' t have much time I didn' t do many things on this big bastard
here some pics

There are still some spikes left aaaaand I need to paint it wich has to wait because I lack white and black colour spray, Damn it !!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyways I have a problem, before I put the biocannons on I need to know where to place the neck spikes, can sombody post a picture of them glued on the neck plz?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So since no one gave me a pic I tryed to figure out where the neckspikes should be placed

Here some pics of the mounting finished hirophant
I had to use some green stuff...

·
Registered
4 Posts
hoffe du hast dein spike prob gelöst :) ich hätte so schiss das das ganze teil explodiert und auseinadnerbricht wenn es umfällt/ runterfällt etc. gestiftet hast du garnicht oder?

·
Registered
575 Posts
hoffe du hast dein spike prob gelöst :) ich hätte so schiss das das ganze teil explodiert und auseinadnerbricht wenn es umfällt/ runterfällt etc. gestiftet hast du garnicht oder?
English forum buddy...

Jason, the hierophant is looking great, I can't wait to see it painted!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Just in case:Englisch nur Freund. (Hope I got that right.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
ah sry :) youre right :D
Have you found a solution for the spikes on the neck? and it looks so fragil i would be afraid that its falling it to parts when falling down etc. have you connectet the single parts with glue and thick wire? :)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I pinned every single spike on mine. Haven't lost a single one.

The front legs on yours look like they're starting to buckle already. You really should have reinforced them.

·
Lord of Decay
64 Posts

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
I know that cyrnic knows this is an English forum now but anyway...

Google Translate for you aye:

Above quote through Google said:
"hope you have your spike solved prob I had shat the Sun explodes the whole part, and if it falls over auseinadnerbricht / down etc. is donated to you or not at all?"
:scratchhead:

Anywho... the 'phant is coming along nicely, look forward to seeing it painted.

Grish

1 - 20 of 29 Posts