Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Torent of Blows is on page 41 under armour saves. One point of note is that you only have to cause enough wounds to wound every engaged model, so if I can assault in such a fashion that only three of your 8 Marines are engaged, then I only need to cause three or more wounds to use Torrent of Blows. And it can occur at each Initiative step..............

·
Registered
999 Posts
All torrent of blows lets you do is assign a particular model to make an armor saving throw. That model may or may not actually save.

Another way around the "Hidden" fist is wound assignment. When you have caused hits and wounds and it is time for you to assign them to the enemy squad you assign one wound to each model in base to base, then one wound to each model within 2 inches, then back to the models in base to base and so on till you run out of wounds. (remember that, it is important)

I'll say it again, all enemy models from the squad you are fighting that are in base to base get wounds assigned to them first. So if your opponent places his powerfist model in front and you cause enough wounds for the entire first row of models, he hase to make an armor saving throw.

·
Registered
325 Posts
pathwinder14 said:
Another way around the "Hidden" fist is wound assignment. When you have caused hits and wounds and it is time for you to assign them to the enemy squad you assign one wound to each model in base to base, then one wound to each model within 2 inches, then back to the models in base to base and so on till you run out of wounds. (remember that, it is important)

I'll say it again, all enemy models from the squad you are fighting that are in base to base get wounds assigned to them first. So if your opponent places his powerfist model in front and you cause enough wounds for the entire first row of models, he hase to make an armor saving throw.
Page & paragraph please. I'v never seen this method of wound assignation.

Wounds are assigned by the defending player to any engaged model.
The only thing similar to what you have mentioned is the mixed armour rules & those do not rely on b-b.

What you have described would allow character models to "snipe" individual models out of units.

·
Registered
999 Posts
When I get home I'll look it up and let you know. :D

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
pathwinder14 said:
All torrent of blows lets you do is assign a particular model to make an armor saving throw. That model may or may not actually save.

Ummm, no.

Suggest you read page 41, Suffering Wounds & Removing Casualties

Don "MONDO"

·
Registered
999 Posts
Huh, maybe I was confusing it with mixed armor. Oh well. Srry.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts