Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quick bio - Started on Rogue Trader and played Orks from 2nd edition (the glory days) through to 5th edition and have, over the years, managed to acquire a load of models, a bits box that grew out of shoe boxes in about 2004 and 6 storage draws of mean and green.

Then in 6th I got fed up with hand painting green flesh and bought Blood Angels, as you could get red spray for them and I went slightly over the top with them too.

Now it seems that it may be time to dust off the models as my nephew has got into the hobby and it would be nice to bully him the same way I did his mother when we were young siblings (he is Blue Wombles, Nids and Tau). Plus I have plenty of spare time at the moment.

As such, come back to Heresy (was using "Getting Greener" ID) as need to see whats happened in the 2 years since last I indulged, plus see what 7th edition(?) has done to my boyz. It will give me the chance to build all the "ideas" I had all those years ago and it seems that bubblechukas and liftadroppas are back in fashion. Just need to wait for flares and pastel shirts to be on-vogue too!

And in fairness, GW having a Black Friday army special means that I can fill a lot of my force gaps once I have repurchased paint etc.

Edit - I like the way it calls me a Junior Member, suddenly I dont feel like 50 years is rushing quite so fast at me!

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Welcome if your chasing ork idea certainly flick through the ork lists and tactica for them certainly have some examples and ideas to bring back the orks. Hopefully those specials served you well and now you have the cutting edge of the mighty orks once more. Any other questions certainly post up if the ork theads don't meet your needs

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hello Junior Member! :wink:
Great to have another ork player among us! There are loads of stuff to look around at here.
Get yourself an Army Showcase and show off your mean and green. It sound like you have a kunning Collection. :biggrin:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome aboard mate! :good:

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Ah it does this old grey bearded ork good to see another yoof in the ranks even if you have been around orks for as long as I have. Welcome aboard and enjoy some fungus brew while your here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts