Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introductions...

I'm not really new to Warhammer in general, I've been familiar with it as far back as I can remember (I fondly remember mauling my cousin's Abaddon the Despoiler when I was about 4 and then stealing his sword arm) but I've always been more into the fluff than the actual rules.

For the past few years I've essentially taken a break, warhammer is expensive and I'm a poor student, but I've decided to give it another go.

So here I am, 2 boxes of tactical marines, a handful of veterans and captains, a couple of dozen paint pots (half of them probably dried completely up) and some shiny new tools and paint brushes, all arranged neatly in a mound on the floor.

I've decided to make a custom chapter and I'm still wrestling with the details (Chapter name, where they're based, their command structure... Their daily schedule...) but I think I have some general points decided on aswell as a paint scheme, I think.

I'm considering making a project log (unless there is a "no n00bs" policy :grin:) to collect all my thoughts and progress in but my painting skills are questionable to say the least so... Wouldn't want to torture anyone.

Anyways, as far as intros go this seems pretty long and unecessary so I'll stfu and go do some warhammer-y stuff. o7

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Hello and welcome to Heresy Online :)

What's your planned colour scheme for your chapter? Also if it helps Heresy has a Space Marine Chapter Name Generator which you can find under the link 'Generators' towards the top of the screen. Unless you've already found this in which case feel free to ignore me :wink:

I hope that you enjoy your stay.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the welcome!

Yep, I spent about 20 minutes clicking through the name generator, wrote down a couple of names/words but still not quite finalised anything... A couple of the names did make me laugh though :)

I actually accidentally made the colour scheme using the DoW2 army painter (maybe not the best place to plan real life colour schemes), it's dark blue and grey with golden trims... I think the colour names given in game were necron abyss and adeptus battlegrey or something, 2 foundations paints I have hiding around here somewhere. The colour scheme was then either halved or quartered, can't decide which looks better.

If you could visualise that, what's your opinion? As far as the ingame representation goes I'm quite pleased with it, I'm usually not a fan of bright marines but I don't want them to turn out too dull. If anyone knows both the colours and owns the game it would be awesome if you could quickly run a mock up and tell me if necron abyss/adeptus battlegrey looks the same colour in RL as it does in game?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Yes you do end up with a few amusing names using the generator :p

As for the scheme, sounds good. I'd be tempted to go with the quartered scheme, I think any quartered scheme looks better than a halved one to be honest.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knarloc Tomahawks, Hellhawk Horrors of Shadow, Cobalt Cerebellum of Penance, Artic Daemons... Just a couple I can remember. :)

Thanks, I think I'll give quartered a go. Does look a bit difficult though. I think I'll paint the models completely unassembled, will hopefully make it easier as I only have to halve the legs, torso, head and backpack and I don't want to make too many mistakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts