Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new to this forum but not to 40k. Been playing off and on for years now. Recently moved from space marines to necrons. I am curious about one thing though since my life got turned around recently and I havent really been out in public since. I recently was in a car accident that left me paralyzed from the waist down, my question is would people still be willing to play things like 40k with a paraplegic? Sorry for the weird question, just is all kind of new and "scary"; I would just like to get back to being social.

·
Registered
307 Posts
welcome to the forum mate.

well, to be honest, i would have no problem playing with paraplegics. just because people have been in accidents, or are disabled in anyway does not make me view them any different from anyone else. id say, go for it. im sure there would be the odd one or two people that have no respect and go on bout shit and insults, but the majority shouldnt have any problem. if you were near me, id play you any day of the week. being disabled doesnt mean you cant play, or be just like anyone else.

so if you did go to your local games store for a game, i applaude you.

again, welcome to the site, and im sure alot of people here would agree with me. we arnt a bunch of uptight arseholes here. :D

if we were, id be long gone!

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
I'd play you.

I had a mate who was wheelchair bound who played so it's no biggy once you work out how to get man and table at the right heights to play.

We found that building a box ramp affair to raise Jim and his chair up to table height was easier than lowering the table in the end.

Crack on mate, you'll of course get some idiots who might try to be funny, but that will happen no matter what you are trying to do and thankfully society is moving beyond such silliness on the whole.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I would play you no problem. We had two people that were wheelchair bound in my last club. As Vash said really just a matter of getting the table and the person at the right height to play.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy! :)

Can't see any problems with playing against somebody in a wheelchair at all. 40k means your just as much of a geek/nerd as the rest of us :so_happy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was/am a little reluctant about peoples responses but everyones replies helps. Definitely need to move out of humboldt, CA though. Too secluded.
Anyways the height thing is something i didnt even think about. For the people who played people in chairs how did they reach/move pieces?

@Dave T Hobbit
Before my accident I was playing space marines, mostly unpainted though since work and school consumed most of my time. Just got a necron army to start though and once i get some I'll post em. Currently workin on a ork warboss pirate mod like the warboss from dawn of war2. Post that when its done too

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Hope you can find some good people to play with, myself and I imagine our entire gaming group would be more than happy to play with anyone, regardless of physical issues.

As for the height, most 40k players I know are rather resourceful. It shouldn't be hard to set up a table which is slightly lower like on milk cartons etc, although some tables may be just fine as well. I've played at work before with a sheet of plywood on cardboard boxes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts