Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am really new to all of this, I actually don't even have any war hammer stuff as of yet, I joined this to learn more about it cause my boyfriend and his brother like love it so I wanna know like more about it. I was wondering if any of you could like tell me the main idea about war hammer and maybe give me some tips on what to make/buy and just help me out. Please and Thanks :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
Haha that's a big question: basically it's a board game played on a larger board and is more complex. That's a gross over-simplification though, you should ask your bf to teach you.

There are many armies to choose from so my advice is to experiment with different ones until you find one that fits you play style, as a large rat I find the Skaven particularly appealing :biggrin:

Hoped this helped and welcome!

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
the way some people simplify warhammer is that it's a bigger more complicated version of chess,
albeit one where you build and paint your side.
At least that's the way my missus describes it anyway

P.S. welcome!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Heresy! This is the best place to start out seeing as how this board has a wealth of information and tutorials for the 40K Novice.

There is so much information to cover when it comes to Warhammer 40K. So I am going to direct you to a site that I personally use as most of my refrerence material. The Lexicanum.

Just look up key words like Emperor of Mankind or Space Marine and choose from the various articles they have there. Other then that I'd say buy and build an army that most fits your liking. Are you an Eldar Fan or a Space Marine all the way? Its all about what you are going to like in the long run really. Other then that just have fun and enjoy the forums!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not really sure right now about building, I am gonna learn more and then go from there. I really like Dark Elves, Dwarfs, and Wood Elves though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts