Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm Dan. I'm 29 years old from Derbyshire UK. I am a returning tabletop gamer, stopping to start a new family, with my wife and 2 boys, aged 5 and 4. I used to play Orks 40K and when I stopped playing my younger cousin inherited my collection. It only seemed fair as he was just at the beginning of this fantastic hobby, and with me at the end, it all made sense.

Boy was that the wrong move. I have been back at my gaming club for about a year playing Magic the Gathering, and Netrunner, but I've been drawn back in this year by an old friend who wants to do a slow grow league with various members.

The last time I played 40k was 5th edition. I had a wonderful Ork collection. I love horde armies. So when deciding which army to build this time, I was really fancying another horde army.

I was looking around my local GW store and saw it..... The model of my dreams. A winged hive tyrant. I fell in love with that model and straight away decided that my army would be Tyranids.

Payday is next week and my first buys back into the hobby will be the 7th rulebook and a new tyranids codex. Then the sky is truly the limit.

The main reason I'm joining here is for your collective experience. I'm looking forward to reading battle logs army lists and joining in with discussions. The slow grow starts in February, so I'll post up some pics of my army as it builds and takes form.

Long first post. Apologies.

Thanks for reading,

DB.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to see you leave orks but Nids are a great second option. The Hive tyrant is a awesome model and the army is a great horde army. There are lots of members here that will help you build your army and pictures are always welcome of your growing army.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Welcome to the boards and back to the hobby.

Personally I've always loved the Ryranid models, so I'm with you on the aesthetic choice of the army. With their new supplements and formations as of late, they also seem to be a very aggresive and competent army.

I look forward to seeing your progress and if you need anything, just let us know :)

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy! :drinks:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts