Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Victor from the Philadelphia area. About 10 years ago I walked into the local Games Workshop to see what it was, and ended up being pretty interested in Warhammer Fantasy. I picked up some Skaven stuff, got decent at painting but then kind of lost interest for a long time. Recently I was going through some old boxes of stuff and found a couple of Clanrats that survived the model purge of '02, and it got me thinking about getting back into it.

So I ended up sitting online for a few hours looking up Warhammer stuff, found your forums, and realized how much fun I had sitting around painting models for hours (Though I doubt I could spend quite as much time on it now as I did back then, as I'm no longer 12 :biggrin:). Figure next paycheck I'll pick up some cool looking models, some paints, and until then just read up about it here and get myself psyched for it.

TL;DR version: Hey all, first post!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I just might do that. After going through some more old boxes, I found a total of about 20 clanrats, some metal stormvermin, a jezzail team, a Warlord Queek, and a necromancer on a manticore (lol wut? One of these things is not like the others). Now assuming I can find some way to strip the paint off them (some of those models are pretty atrocious), adding the stuff from the boxset should give me something pretty close to an army if I decide I want to start playing.

On an interesting sidenote, I specifically remember NOT buying the boxset years ago because it was the edition with Brettonians and Lizardmen, cause I thought they were lame. So I ended up getting Skaven stuff and my dad ended up getting some High Elf stuff. Now if only I had a time machine...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts