Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Another WoW survivor?

That makes the grand tally-TWO!! :lol:

Welcome buddy! I'm glad you like what you see!

Love to see what you contribute to our community. :wink:

Ask any question you need-dont be embarassed!

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Oh, yes.

But a large part of that is up to you. You must take in your opponent, his possible forces,the possible terrrain, the mission,etc.

Any army can be competitive. Each army has its own pluses, but then the other armies have counters for those, but they all have small weaknesses that can be exploited, etc.

Tactics, after all, is what 40k is all about.

Dont worry about how many questions youhave--we'll happily help with all of them--ALL of them. Dont be shy. :)

PS- This isnt your average RTS video game. :D

· Registered
2,688 Posts
SensaiSwindler said:
Anphicar, thank you sir. That was exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Along those lines I saw the battle for macragge box set as I was looking at the introductory info. Is this starter set worth it (primarily to use as a foundation or jump off point for my first army, or would I be better suited just picking up the rule book, SM codex and start building from the ground up?
No problem!

Also--Dont buy the Macragge Set, imo. Unless you want to start two armies simultaneously.

Just pick up the rulebook, your favored codex, a box of troops and an HQ.

PS-The minimum to play is 1 HQ and two troops. Thats always where you start for any new army, then see what you like and use that to expand. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.