Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Flash Forward was shit.

It had promise but once the initial blackout was finished the show wasn't going anywhere. Same with Heroes really, the first season was awesome, then it got shitter and shitter until the story was based around a fucking fair.

Check out Spartacus Blood and Sand, thats a good show.

·
Registered
581 Posts
i agree flash forward statred off brilliant, but really slowed down after that, though i would have liked to see a bit more to see if it got any better.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My main problem with this situation is that these shows had story arcs, you see if they canned say something like CSI it does not matter, because everything is wrapped up in the 45 mins, but what im sick of is getting involved in a show that was written well for 1 season because the writers didnt expect it to get made and then the networks force them to write more because its popular and then when fickle USA crowd allegedly gets bored of it they can it without any kind of conclusion, And this happens over and over again and what makes it worse is they have sold this stuff to us over the pond. Netwroks should at least have the decency to allow enough episodes to be completed after the decision has been made to end the show to complete a story in some fashion,You wouldnt go see or own a movie that wasnt finished or buy a book with 50 blank pages at the back and a message from the author telling you to sort out your own conclusion( though i admit in some cases that might have proved a better method than allowing the writer to finish the story)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
thank god there cancelled, two more awful programs finally gone......probably to be replaced by more shit.

now if we can just get lost destroyed and erased from all memory I'll be happy

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
This is why i only watch these US shows once they're finished. I get too frustrated getting involved with a story that gets cancelled or turns to shite 2 series in.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
While I enjoyed neither, it must really suck for the fanbase. Only US shows I will watch is Sons of Anarchy and Spartacus Blood and Sand; although I am still waiting for the latter to begin I know a few people who watched Heroes, now I know how I can piss them off:laugh:.

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
Heroes started pretty good, but due to the writters strike the second season was a mess and they never recovered.
Flashforward I watched for the first few episodes but it never really dragged me, it was so slow after the first episode. The main FBI guy and his wife I thought where pretty shit at acting.
Lost has finished now so there is a big lack of big budget 40mins shows, I wonder what will take there place.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Heroes was good season 1, cocked up the first part of season 2 cos of the writers strike, struggled back up at the end of season 2 and the start of 3, then went steadily down to hit a new low at the end of season 3. I haven't been bothered enough to start watching season 4. I guess I'll do it when I run out of other things.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I really got into Reaper recently, I then found out it was then cancelled due to more people watching American Idol which was shown at the same time - idiots. This annoyed me, but I was more annoyed because it just stopped mid season. I wish they made programmes with a fixed ending per season and were commissioned as a season, not just per episode. Also, I hate the way everything is left open ended, its a problem with most films nowadays too. I might have to devolve back to the safety of radio to avoid disappointment, although 6 Music is going so I guess all media is ran by douche bags.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok i admit that the two shows i mentioned may not be everyones cup of tea, and i also understand that the shows may have gotten stale or suffered from other outside influences.

I know that TV viewing differs from person to person, for example Im not a fan of UK soap operas but Stella might love them ? I enjoy US "cult" shows but the network attitude towards TV shows of this nature is terrible, several people have mentioned other TV shows such as Spartacus blood and sand , but i find myself looking at another potential good show that will get cancelled before its brought to a written conclusion, i think out of all the shows with a continuing story arc i have watched for the last 6 years only Battle star galactica has been allowed to reach the end of the story, but the number of other shows that have either gone at the end of a season or even mid season is vast.
On the flip side shows like lost and 24 have been stretched out for far longer than was needed, how many really bad days at work can jack have???

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I really got into Reaper recently, I then found out it was then cancelled due to more people watching American Idol which was shown at the same time - idiots. This annoyed me, but I was more annoyed because it just stopped mid season. I wish they made programmes with a fixed ending per season and were commissioned as a season, not just per episode. Also, I hate the way everything is left open ended, its a problem with most films nowadays too. I might have to devolve back to the safety of radio to avoid disappointment, although 6 Music is going so I guess all media is ran by douche bags.
i miss Reaper, very funny show, check out kitchen confidential if you can, another great comedy that was canned mid season, luckily the episodes stad alone very well.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Crushed about Hereoes...along with House, twas the only US TV I watch... :'(
If your telling me house has been cancelled i will weep, its an awesome show

Watched series 1 of heroes, thought it was ok but then i watched season 2 and thought it was complete shit, so i stopped watching it. So all in all not affected, but i would be obscenely annoyed if they cancelled one of my shows in the middle of the run.

If they do it to how i met your mother, I have been hooked on it by four fantastic seasons, which has a season 6 scheduled but has had a huge dip in episode quality of late, i will go on a killing spree.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts