Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! If I put a hero in a unit of trolls, and I equip this hero a magic item that makes him subject to stupidity, do I need to roll twice for the test, once for the hero and once for the trolls, or I consider him just another troll in the unit and one roll is enough?

This would be a good way to hide to my enemy that my hero is using that magic item, and I think it would be the good way to do it.

Anyone thinks the same or have a different point of view?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
If they are using his leadership then I don't think there is a problem with that, but I would still check with someone of higher authority of the store that you are playing at.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Also just to add, based on the rules it would seem a stupid unit who fails its test makes any character with the unit stupid as well and vice versa for the character and the unit. Thus to actually do anything with a unit with a hero that both suffer from stupidity you have to pass two stupidity tests.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Isn't there's a rule for this somewhere, I just want to back it up with something. Wishful thinking it is, but maybe something like a unit can only do one stupidity test per turn or something like that. :)

Again this is not too much a deal, since I can reroll fail psychology test, but still, making 2 tests instead of 1 is 1 less chance to do what I want to do this turn.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Stupidity is no longer a base Psychology test.... only Panic, Fear, and Terror are. Those three are one-test-only per situation. Stupidity, on the other hand, while formerly part of the same group, now forces a test at every single occurance of the rule, no matter the situation.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think hespithe is right, seems like a slightly overlooked part of the rules maybe as it would seem to make sense that if they are using his ld then why 2 tests, but unless anyone can find something that says otherwise then i think that is how it works

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
lol... At least you tried, learned, and have adjusted your understanding in accordance with the new info. Very well done.

Players who fail to 'learn' what they don't wish to follow are all too easily spotted and avoided. Game gets kinka lonely for them, I imagine.

·
Registered
219 Posts
im happy with that ruling as thats how ive played it in the past, but one thing I struggled with is where it actually makes it clear which is right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts