Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These happen all the time. I'm bored, so let's start a new one. If you were casting for the movie, who would you choose to be a part of it? Assuming a grim-dark setting, going for your 18/M ratings, so actors/actresses not particularly known for their gravity in such films (like Eddie Murphy) I'll ignore.

If they're not particularly well known, try and state which movie they were in which you thought would put them in good stead to act here. Gonna go here with Integral characters; been a while since I've read any of them, and going to go by what I can remember, feel free to suggest missed characters; like I said, Integral, or returning. I'll make a note of which book they're from.

If anyone says Christian Bale for Night Haunter, I'll hunt you down and fuck you in your nostril while you sleep. And other similarities. I'm not looking for a film looking to break the fourth wall like the Expendables did.

The Golden Throne
The Emperor;
Malcador;

Custodes

The Primarchs
I - Lion El'Johnson
II - -
III - Fulgrim; Ryan Gosling
IV - Perturabo
V - Jaghatai
VI - Leman Russ
VII - Rogal Dorn
VIII - Night Haunter; Viggo Mortenson
IX - Sanguinius; Charlie Hunnam
X - Ferrus Manus
XI - -
XII - Angron; Dwayne Johnson
XIII - Roboute Guilliman; Leiv Schreiber
XIV - Mortarion; Mads Mikkelson
XV - Magnus
XVI - Horus
XVII - Lorgar; Iain Glen
XVIII - Vulkan; Idris Elba
XIX - Corax
XX - Alpharius/Omegon

The Space Marines
I - Dark Angels
II - -
III - Emperor's Children
IV - Iron Warriors
V - White Scars
VI - Space Wolves...​

Fire away guys =).

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Mortensen as Night Haunter? Afraid I disagree with you there bud'. I love the actor but I don't think he'd pull of Curze too well.

·
IRONBORN
424 Posts
I'd like to see Andy Lau as the Khan and Tom Hardy as Perturabo. Andy Lau because he's a masculine asian gentleman and Tom Hardy for his role in Star Trek: Nemesis

EDIT: I'd also prefer Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Sanguinius and Stephen Dillane as Ferrus Manus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I was thinking Kevin Durand would be a good fit for Angron, possibly Mark Strong for Lorgar and dare I say it Paul Bettany for Night Haunter.

·
IRONBORN
424 Posts
possibly Mark Strong for Lorgar and dare I say it Paul Bettany for Night Haunter.
I definitely agree with Mark Strong as Lorgar. I'd prefer to see Cillian Murphy as Curze and before anyone says anything, it's because of his role in Peaky Blinders and nothing to do with the Batman films.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Cillian Murphy would indeed be a good choice for Haunter as well actually. Different to Bettany but equally as good. Bettany was just one of the better ones to spring to my mind. The other one for some odd reason is Gary Oldman but he's probably a bit old now.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Russel Crowe for Angron might work as well?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mortensen as Night Haunter? Afraid I disagree with you there bud'. I love the actor but I don't think he'd pull of Curze too well.
History of violence, The Road, Eastern Promises? Don't judge him by LotR. The guy can do crazy and intensity so well. He's got the power and strength behind him as well, really powerfully built.

Plus, beard man-love.

Cilian Murphy- completely true. I didn't watch Peaky Blinders before I saw it on at work at heard his accent. Dead versatile. I actually think he'd do better at Kor Phaeron; he doesn't have the presence of an Astartes on screen; he could possibly do one of the more modified ones well; Mortarion has that psychopathic streak; I just wish we had something to it.

Mark Strong; Lorgar, HELL YES!

I'll check back tomorrow, fooked right now.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Brad Pitt as Lion El Johnson

Leonardo Di Caprio as Sanguinius (though Charlie Hunman is equally as good a choice, if not better...They'd both work I think, got the same look for it for sure)

Jake Gyllenhaal as Magnus (Basing this on his Prince of Persia character here)

Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Fulgrim (Basing this on his Henry VIII role in brilliant BBC series The Tudors, as the power crazed but at times very likeable monarch. Would slot into Fulgrim perfectly)

Russel Crowe as Roboute Guilliman

Anton Chigurh as Ferrus Manus (Just his physique and face, would fit the Gorgon part really well I think!)

Hayden Christensen - Horus

Christian Bale - The Emperor

I want to include Gary Oldman somewhere, because his role in Fifth Element as Zorg was brilliant, and he plays crazy villains really well in general. But not sure he would fit in with his age now...

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Sean Bean for Horus! He'd win your heart and then grimdark the hell out of you. 007 all over again. if only he were younger.

Jokingly, Pierce Brosnan (or any 007) as Alpharius?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Jeremy Irons as the Lion
Liev Schreiber as Russ
Ken Watanabe as the Khan
Gerard Butler as Dorn

Mark Strong as Erebus
Jason Statham as Loken

1 - 20 of 25 Posts