Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
1st Place - Brother Emund, Cannon Fodder, 3pts
--You always have the best twists, and the added info at the end just put this one over the top. One of your best that I've caught.

2nd Place - Myen'Tal, Beneath Crimson Waves, 2 pts
--What can I say? A good read as always! I really like the ship angle, we always need more "Master and Commander" pieces of work!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was reminded of the quote, which I can't remember the source, that "cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant taste death but once".
A coward dies a thousand deaths, the hero only dies one. - I was raised on this quote (or mis-quote, as the case may be) by my dad, trying to get me to try new things...which I am historically loath to do. Especially in public. Good ol' Shakespeare. Though knowing my dad, he was referring to Hemingway's comment using a variation.

My personal fav of the playwright is Benedick's "I would my horse had the speed of your tongue" from Much Ado About Nothing.

Thanks both of you for your kind words though! You're both better than me. :good:

I just wish we could get some of the others who read the threads to be brave enough to throw their votes into the hopper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts