1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I've been on this site since the begining and its been nothing but good to me, I'm an ex mod so I have some perspective on how hard the higher ups work to keep this place out of the red and this personal vendetta you are on is frankily pathetic. First you claim Jez is selling our details which turned out to be bollacks and now you expect me to believe this? You think I'm going to take your word over guys I've got to know over 6 years and having never experienced this myself? Take a hike or change the record and start becoming a productive member of the forum, the one you are playing is fast becoming old.

Your favorite warhammer forum with only 44 posts in the 2 and half years you've been here? Sure mate.

·
Like a Bawss
4,111 Posts
Now I'm not necessarily involved (i.e., not at all) with the creation of ad revenue or any tools or the advertisers. But, if you looked at the top of the Heresy Online forum index, you can see that we we removed from our main source of ad revenue, as the company stopped pulled its support from pretty much any and all forums, which has led to the necessity of monthly donation drives in order to actually pay for the upkeep and server fees of the website.

Not a clue what the fuck this exitjunction shit is, but I've never (in my more rigorous usage of this forum) had any sort of issue with my back function in my browser. The notion that we are trying to exploit our userbase (i.e. the people that keep us functional and fun) is not only insulting, but downright stupid.

Your post in the off topic forum has been deleted.

I would suggest in the future not coming off like a complete and utter fucking asshat when trying to bring up something you view as a problem.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
A- I know nothing about this
B- nothing happens when I link off google and press back (tried firefox/excel and google/ask... still nothing)
C- so the fuck what? If you had to scroll all the way across the screen to hit the X button do you think that's really too much of a price to use a free forum, especially when it would almost solely affect people who aren't regulars?

But going positive: search for Heresy on that link... we come up roses.
Its lovely to see Heresy gets voted excellent in all categories with 95+/100 for everything. Its even amazing when you consider its set-up, administrated and modded by complete amateurs who are giving their time freely for the love of their own hobby and the benefit of others. Its even more amazing the job Jez has done to keep this site rated excellent amid server problems, bugs and hackers... I think that Jez and the admins deserve massive respect for that. Well done guys.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
A- I know nothing about this
B- nothing happens when I link off google and press back
C- so the fuck what? If you had to scroll all the way across the screen to hit the X button do you think that's really too much of a price to use a free forum, especially when it would almost solely affect people who aren't regulars?

But going positive: search for Heresy on that link... we come up roses.
Its lovely to see Heresy gets voted excellent in all categories with 95+/100 for everything. Its even amazing when you consider its set-up, administrated and modded by complete amateurs who are giving their time freely for the love of their own hobby and the benefit of others. Its even more amazing the job Jez has done to keep this site rated excellent amid server problems, bugs and hackers... I think that Jez and the admins deserve massive respect for that. Well done guys.
Hold your britches a second, nobody is doubting the effort put in by the people running the show, Jeepers voiced a concern, and despite his wording his concern turns out genuine, now personally i dont come here via google search, but non regulars might, and non regulars are the people who this site needs to help the most, if we have code that is highjacking there back function i think that is a valid concern, and for the record the forum isnt free, the cost of keeping this site alive is knocking on £3k and alot of that revenue is coming out of the memberships pockets and advertisers who might take exception that exitjunction is on the site.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Not really sure of the implications, should I care ?

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Not really sure of the implications, should I care ?
I look at it this way, if something is causing my pc to do something i didnt ask it to do thats not good and if that is linked to my favourite website and they are not aware of it, that could be an issue, and when you consider we have been hacked in recent memory and it cost us traffic i think its worth a look rather than dismissing it dont you?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Closet Dictator
3,413 Posts
Did not happen to me when using the google search bar but did when I used the generic search bar at the top of my screen, and would never have noticed it until I read this thread, now it is known about I'm sure the mods will get on to it but I do not think there is any sinister skullduggery ( it's a word!) by Heresy behind this

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I look at it this way, if something is causing my pc to do something i didnt ask it to do thats not good and if that is linked to my favourite website and they are not aware of it, that could be an issue, and when you consider we have been hacked in recent memory and it cost us traffic i think its worth a look rather than dismissing it dont you?
I'm not dismissing it I am saying

I'm not sure of the implications. (How's this new fangled con-trap-shun werk young 'n' ?)

and

Should I care (or be worried) ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just tried it on my blackberry (computer is U/S atm) and it took me to an exit junction pageis this a bad thing? I never noticed it beforedue to shortcuts on my desktop, so I never access the site via google

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sorry for coming off as abrasive! Thank you Bits and Kits for the support, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one coming across this (or rather, I wish I was, but at least I know now it's not a virus jacking my back button).

Jacobite, I feel like you must be confusing me with somebody else. I never said Jez was selling our details to anybody. And yes, this is my favourite due to the loyalty (clearly demonstrated in this thread, hah) and general niceness of the community. Everytime I open my browser, it is one of the sites that is set to open. It was by opening this website from my favourites bar and then hitting back that I discovered the exitjuncion problem. I may not post often, but why would I have posted this threat of I didn't give a hoot about the forum? That I've to surface as I rarely do and post about this shows that I feel strongly about it.

Boc, thank you for removing my thread from off-topic, I'll be sure to look harder for the correct spot next time.

Tim, I agree that the admins deserve nothing but love and respect. Especially with recovering from the attacks on the forum last year without losing the content, I think they are wonderful. However, that does not mean I'm going to support the use of systems like exitjunction.

Magpie, you may not care, and I'm not telling you to, but I do not like any sitation where my brower is highjacked to do something I didn't tell it to do.

Vaz, that's odd. I also use chrome. Do you have script blockers or any such thing running that may be preventing it from redirecting you?

I appreciate all the feedback, and hope this thread can remain free of personal attacks.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts