Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
mmmmm, that might scare the kids away. Do you notice no matter where you are his eyes just seem to follow you? Creepy.lol

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
mmmmm, that might scare the kids away. Do you notice no matter where you are his eyes just seem to follow you? Creepy.lol
Agreed.

Regards,
Doelago, the one that agrees with stuff.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Jezlad is always watching... :shok:

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
spoilsport attitude notwithstanding, this thread has started to devolve into a joke.

Jokers need not apply. This was a serious question posed by Jezlad in an attempt to garner interest from the members of Heresy and ask for their input, not their lunacy. We can browse Off Topic for all the lunacy we need...

now lets see some actual worthwhile ideas chaps. not witless juvenile banter.

CP

·
Registered
0 Posts
spoilsport attitude notwithstanding, this thread has started to devolve into a joke.

Jokers need not apply. This was a serious question posed by Jezlad in an attempt to garner interest from the members of Heresy and ask for their input, not their lunacy. We can browse Off Topic for all the lunacy we need...

CP
Yeah Ploss we have been posting quite a few ideas in the last few pages and have had a little fun with it as well.

I figured that if there was issues with what was happening in the forum, Jez would have said something in his 10+ posts here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've never really came to this site for it's visual appeal. No offense but in that regard it's kind of bland. Even though this is by FAR my favorite 40k/wargaming site. The layout and functionality are the best and most people I've talked to are great!

I'm going to try and come up with something and post it up. Could be a while though, have a lot of work to do.

I'd just like to offer up some advice to everyone else coming up with ideas...and you can take it or leave it, I'm by no means a professional. This is going off what was said about the colors and everything staying the same. Try to use black as the back drop to whatever you try to do. It always looks better if the design flows with what it is fitting into. It makes it look more like part of the site rather than a random picture on the site(like the one now does...no offense.)

Just my personal opinion at least. It's one thing to have a cool picture and another to have a good looking seamless banner.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Apologies, CP back on task. I wasn't hearing any feedback from any of the designs so it was hard to try to divine which direction the header needed to go. More to come:)

·
Heresy's Graphics Slave
1,746 Posts
I always tell the kids at school that a good logo needs to be very simple. A small motif alongside Heresy Online is all that's needed. That could be incorporated into the text (like the Chaos star as an 'O') or separate, but the text needs to be the main thing that stands out. No background images, nothing too OTT. Glows/shadows probably to a minimum too.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
For the logo, how about all the other forum names (warseer, dakka dakka, etc) covered in turd being crushed beneath a giant cock with 'Heresy Online' tattooed on it?

It might offend and bear little relevance, but I'd laugh my head off everytime I logged in.

:victory:

I think it's a winner :biggrin:

CP
Sorry mate, just started reading back to front and hadn't seen this. I'll piddle about on photoshop and see what comes about over the weekend. ;-)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That's pretty sweet King. The only thing I really like better in the original logo is the font, but I like how the aquila in your version fills the entire gap between the heads of Horus and the Emperor.

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts
My version...

What do people think?
to be completely honest, and lets face it, when am i not... it looks like a shitty $2 cigar band... and the eagle blends too much.

but, here's hoping you can take the criticism. :p

The eagle is the central theme, it needs to be mutated and awesome looking. probably something only custom work would do justice to.

CP

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have been working on refining my Gimp skills so I will brainstorm and see what I can come up with. Already did one logo and working on another pages. So why not, who Jez will just smack it down lol.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
To be honest; I think this one is the best so far. Simple and clean.

Though maybe widen the Eagle a bit, it looks somewhat squished.
No offense Varakir :) Your work has always been of the highest caliber.

Maybe some one can work one of these images into one:

I'll give it a shot later but i've never really been that good. Using PSP9.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Though maybe widen the Eagle a bit, it looks somewhat squished.
No offense Varakir :) Your work has always been of the highest caliber.
No offense taken, you're bang on the money...it's very squished :wink:

Taking to heart what syph said, here's my original clean design with a few tweaks and the custom aquila.

The eagle is the central theme, it needs to be mutated and awesome looking. probably something only custom work would do justice to.
I agree, i think someone who can draw (not me) will probably be best suited to tackling the project. Making these is still a good laugh though :grin:

61 - 80 of 83 Posts