Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Admit it though Jez, that is what makes this site the best lol.
So we'll have a huge Slaaneshi cock for the background? :p

Maybe we could use two different fonts for the two different words, and .net would have a third, more "normal" or "neutral" font and would be smaller than the two other words. For instance, "Heresy" would have Chaotic curves (Slaanesh/Tzeentch) and blocks (Khorne/Nurgle) where appropriate with a mixture of vivid colours, while "Online" would have a nice gothic font with the good old =][= for the "i", to symbolise both the Long War and that we're not a CSM fansite, similarly to the symbolism of the current background with Horus and the Emperor. The new background should be an artwork, preferably without Marines; maybe that grinning Hive Tyrant from DoW2 behind "Heresy" and an Eldar or Necron behind "Online", to make it look like we have stuff other than just CSM/CD-><-IG/SM/DH/WH.

·
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect
4,632 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
not really familiar with photo shop, but ill sketch something and see about getting there. i would love that title. but yeah ill get on it.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm keen to have some form of mutated eagle. Something really fucked up and chaotic, the aquila with a taint!
Is this fucked up enough?

Personally i think it's terrifying :wink:

This one is a lot less fucked up, but i liked how it turned out:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Banner ideas

So here are a couple of ideas, just plain jane ones. I might put flames behind them I just wanted to get placement down first.:) Since you said the eagle coud go here are these, I'll be doing some more eagle like ones also.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
more banners? really?

So after reading through the posts..... Wow, now I have a place where I can post my tank picture that looks like a giant cock with tracks that look like balls.hahaha Well anywhoo, here are a couple that were along the lines of someones drawrings:).

·
Punx For Life
946 Posts
Cheers ploss for the links but I ended up downloading GIMP photo editing software again instead.

And this is what I came up with.

Could do with a bit more detail but this is the best I can do till I get the hang of it.:p

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
If I'm being honest nothing is an improvement. I'm only likely to change it if a seriously cool idea comes up.

I don't have any specifics though, just leaving it open to see what people come up with. Your gold one is nice but gold doesn't fit the theme.

·
Registered
0 Posts

Take this one, make the back ground black, thicken the letters, make the inner parts of it a dark red/rusty look, depending on the rendering program, make it glow from that part slightly.

Make the outter part black steel with about a 33-50% reflective and maybe guild the outer area with a dark brass patterned in a 40k style.

In the 8 point star make the eye red steel with about 65% reflective and the rest of the star pewter or a dark stEEL with a medium reflective state.

I would have a white light from the front with a medium intensity and a top light of bright red with a bright intensity, and maybe a light from the bottom with a low intensity dark blue.

Been a while since I have done rendering but that should look pretty badass and fit with the current website theme.

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Take this one, make the back ground black, thicken the letters, make the inner parts of it a dark red/rusty look, depending on the rendering program, make it glow from that part slightly.

Make the outter part black steel with about a 33-50% reflective and maybe guild the outer area with a dark brass patterned in a 40k style.

In the 8 point star make the eye red steel with about 65% reflective and the rest of the star pewter or a dark stEEL with a medium reflective state.

I would have a white light from the front with a medium intensity and a top light of bright red with a bright intensity, and maybe a light from the bottom with a low intensity dark blue.

Been a while since I have done rendering but that should look pretty badass and fit with the current website theme.
It's too chaotic. The emperor and horus with an aquila holding an eye is original and balanced.

Chaos star isn't happening :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok, that's what I was looking for.:wink: Just looking for some kind of thoughts, I'll go back to work . Balanced, hmmmmm.:)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Balanced? Hmm...

Keep the eye, the guys, and the wings, but have one wing dark and warped extending behind the Emperor and one light golden one extending behind Horus. Detail on these would be the hard part. The two "main" Factions are equally represented and the colors won't be too lopsided as the characters' colors would nicely balance both sides.

Just that damn eagle thingy needs a bit more character to me. I have this detailed idea in my head... Just can't seem to say it well though. I'd think of the wings starting to fold over the two to pull them together into conflict, with them designed charging toward one another. But that'll likely never happen as I'm no artist.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts