Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This is a project to develop an online interactive army painter for Warhammer Fantasy armies. It was originally the idea of LVix based on the well known B&C Space Marine Painter.

The basic concept is to have an image for a common core choice of each Fantasy army that should be an accurate representation of a standard model from that range. There will also be a shield and a standard with each image to allow more experimentation with the chosen model, without having to have separate images for standard bearers, etc. As the project develops we will look to include other common choices from the Fantasy armies supported, more customisation of each image and further options for weapon choices, etc.

A brief note for artists: All artwork will require re-touching and some editing for symmetry, etc, before it can be used in the final product. This is not a negative comment on the original artwork, it is just part of the process, so please don't be upset when someone adapts your artwork (within the constraints of this project obviously). Anything submitted here is assumed to be work towards this project so in effect you have given the project team permission to work with it. We have no intention of stealing artwork, and it will only be used for this project unless further permission is granted. All credit will be given in the final project, even for concept sketches. Any questions, pm me and I will try to answer them as best I can.

LVix has produced a concept sketch that is shown below that is a useful reference for a starting point for the project.

Please note this project is currently restricted to those involved in its development and supporters of this site. Please remember that access to this sub-forum is based upon each user respecting the confidentiality of this project whilst it is in development. Any discussion of this project should remain within this forum as only supporters and above can view this area.

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here is the list of model choices for each army:

Beasts of Chaos - Gors
Brettonians - Knights of the Realm (on foot unless mounts fit)
Chaos Dwarves - Blunderbusses
Dark Elves - Warriors
Dwarfs - Dwarf Warriors
Empire - Halberdier
High Elves - Spearelves
Lizardmen - Saurus
Ogre Kingdoms - Irongut/Bull
Orcs and Goblins - Orc boyz
Skaven - Clanrats
Tomb Kings - Chariot Skellies/Tomb Guard
Vampire Counts -Skellies/Grave Guard
Warriors of Chaos - Warriors
Wood Elves - Glade Guard

The Dubious:

Dogs of War - Pikemen (do we even bother with DoW?)
Daemons of Chaos - Unsure. We have plenty of options.

The armies with multiple options or brackets allow a little creative license for whichever artist/s draw them up, and in the case of the chariot the option to either fit a chariot in or resort to Tomb Guard.

For the moment we will ignore Dogs of War and Daemons of Chaos as they are not likely to be in as much demand as other armies for paint schemes and may present us with some trouble. Regarding the Daemons, currently I think furies are not a good choice as they are one colour the same as ghouls and not an automatic choice, I am inclined to go with Druchii's suggestion and have one of each lesser daemon but leave them for the moment.

This thread will be reserved for details and progress announcements of the project. All discussion has been moved here.

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
An artists brief has been written up by LVix and posted to this sub-forum. Please read it if you are involved with the project as it has been written to clarify exactly what artwork is needed for the project. If you have any questions they should be posted in the Fantasy Army Painter Discussion thread where they should be answered as quickly as possible.

·
Must keep painting....
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A project log has been added to allow us to keep track of all of the various mini-projects and goals that are currently in progress. Feel free to comment on the goals and suggestion changes as necessary.

I would appreciate it if you would all look through the goals and remmeber to post as and when they are completed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts