Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's your roundup for the third quarter of the APC. :) We're well on the way to the finish line now!

Out of the nine entrants from the second quarter, we are now down to the eight shown below.
Keep it going guys! :good:

Tawa: 8. 2 RL Cards spent.
@Nordicus: 11.
@Khornesfist: 10. One RL Card spent.
@SwedeMarine: 10. One RL Card spent.
@Iraqiel: 10. One RL Card spent.
@Howzaa: 10.
@Relise: 10.
@DaisyDuke: 10. One RL Card spent.

And a late entrant:
@R_Squared: 4.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think I may have left it a little late. :)
Fortunately, I've been having a great deal of fun doing the painting, and it has been a great motivator. I genuinely believe that without this thread, I would not have completed half as many models.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
This is good, this challenge is a very different atmosphere to my Plog and even though I don't get to post all the things that I've worked on in here, it still helps to keep me on track and not get distracted from working to finish armies!

·
Registered
202 Posts
How do you finish an army?
I started mine back in 93........
You never do!! I started my Marines back when 40K first came out. Then dropped out of the hobby for while and when I restarted I carried on with Marines and I'm still adding to them bit by bit now. Most of the old figures have gone but some of the original Rouge Trader ones are there in my force.

Back on topic....

Well done everyone it certainly takes quite some dedication to get this challenge done and looks like 8 of us are going to get there. :so_happy: :so_happy: :so_happy:

R_Squared - You're having a great warm up for next years challenge :grin: and you're right its a great motivator, I certainly wouldn't have a fully painted Relics force without it.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tawa, am I not on 10 with a life lost?
No mate, you've got completed units for seven of the entries, a completed double month and one RL Card spent. :)
June, July & August: Complete.
September: Double Unit.
October: Complete.
November: RL Card.
December, January & February: Complete.

:)

Six with the challenge already completed, and two more likely to finish it? That's good stuff. Any idea how many completed it last year?
Not sure mate, but here's a chap in the know: @humakt.

Wait, I already completed it?

I feel like the guy who read ahead on his homework. That's not me!
Yup, the requirement is a minimum of 10 units. You've cleared the threshold with three months still to go. :good:

I think I may have left it a little late. :)
Fortunately, I've been having a great deal of fun doing the painting, and it has been a great motivator. I genuinely believe that without this thread, I would not have completed half as many models.
You're doing well though, and the whole point of this is a painting motivator :good:

How do you finish an army?
I started mine back in 93........
Finish an army....? :shok:
Get security in here, we've got a Divergent! :security:

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Bollocks. I appear to have missed that.

I've just gone back over the thread again, and yeah, it counts. My bad :)

EDIT: That puts everybody except R_Squared and myself into the green zone! :shok:

·
Registered
202 Posts
If anyone is interested I've just updated my Plog with an a couple of full army photo's of my Orcnar. All but one of these units was painted for this challenge I think :biggrin:

So it's an early record of what can be achieved even only doing small units each month.

Plog is at Orcnar Plog

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Out of the nine entrants from the second quarter, we are now down to the eight shown below.
Keep it going guys!
*staggers, topples, crashes to the ground*

Go on... without me. Don't let me slow you down.

*coughs blood, dies*

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
*staggers, topples, crashes to the ground*

Go on... without me. Don't let me slow you down.

*coughs blood, dies*
Typical Mossy Toes behaviour... never leave a man behind!

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MEDIC!!!! :shok:

*runs back for Mossy*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts