Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Seems that only platoon command squad is a 5-men squad, rest should be 10-men. I dont have enought vostroyans to do so, so im out. But surely such an army would be in spirit of this challenge, so maybe judges will allow it? Vostroyans are quite expensive and hard to come by and I do have a lot of work and not much spare time for such challenge, so I would't be able to paint 25 vostroyans for each month.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
A 25man platoon could be split over two months as a ten and a fifteen. The aim is to finish up with a painted, table-ready army :)

·
To The Dark Tower Came
879 Posts
Well the vostroyans should be an exception as I have only 50 of them total. Seems a bit unfair that there may be a 6-men eldar squad and not this. Your call.
You dont have to paint a whole platoon each month, just a ten man squad, atleest thats my understanding. You could do a platoon over 3 months, then sprinkle in some other stuff.

I think he just means it has to be a force legal squad, eldar can have a squad of 6, imperial guard cant.

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I think he just means it has to be a force legal squad, eldar can have a squad of 6, imperial guard cant.
Beat me to it matey :)

"Force-legal" is probably the best way to put it :)

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Query.

Looking to start and just read the rules. Read the part about allies. However my question is for my Ad Mech. I'm planning to use the War Covocation gaming wise. Now if I chose Cult Mechanicus as my first army would this mean Skitarii would therefore count as my second army, or do I get leeway in this so it counts as one army. Either option is fine, but if it's the first I'll just choose my Sisters or 30k to be my primary army.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Realized that, although I have already submitted my entry for this month, I haven't actually signed up on here. So this is me, signing up. I will be continuing to grow my 30k Emperor's Children legion.

Don't suppose there's a "I've run out of organs to sell and so can't afford any new minatures this month" card I can use? :wink:

·
8,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Query.

Looking to start and just read the rules. Read the part about allies. However my question is for my Ad Mech. I'm planning to use the War Covocation gaming wise. Now if I chose Cult Mechanicus as my first army would this mean Skitarii would therefore count as my second army, or do I get leeway in this so it counts as one army. Either option is fine, but if it's the first I'll just choose my Sisters or 30k to be my primary army.
If you build the minimum required units for an Allied Force with your Skitarii, then it would still count as your first army. If you went "all in" painting Skitarii then yeah, it'd be your second army. :)

Don't suppose there's a "I've run out of organs to sell and so can't afford any new minatures this month" card I can use? :wink:
No. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
41 - 50 of 50 Posts