Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Yeah; At the end of the day; You could just make a WIP Log as Baron suggested to keep you interested and motivated; Nothing like having to paint stuff up; when people are asking for more. :biggrin:

Just give The-Great-challenge-coordinator-Humakt a PM; See what he says :)

Will you be entering; Mr. Spikey? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
On the subject of multiple army entries, I am loath to change the current rule for a single army entry.

The reason for this is the idea is to paint an entire army, not just a whole bunch of unrelated mini's. I can understand where some of you are coming from and I will put some consideration into how this can be resolved over the next few days and let you all know.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Count me in, as i need a motivational kick up the arse, i will be entering my Blood Angels.

I may also do some wip threads for my Orks and Guard as well as my BA, i have been told by the wife i need to get rid of a load of hobby stuff so i stood by my guns and said "oh ok dear just let me paint it first".

I have just done my test model (a vanguard vet), so i suppose thats a good place to start.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
After some thought on the matter I will be putting up details for multiple army entries before the weekend. The thread is to encourage army painting so I dont want to put people off if a single army is too restricting, but remember it is a challenge.

Now regarding units that are already started. If they just have an undercoat, that is not a problem, and just post a picture of the unit undercoated. If you want to enter a unit that you have already started for any particular month please drop me a PM with a picture of the unit linked in and I will take a look. If its OK I'll let you know. The mini's must clearly be unfinished. So if you just have some jewels to paint Im going to say no. But if it has a base colour and half hearted attempt at some metalics for example, I'll be more inclined to say yes.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
How about the Tactical Squad I'd be submitting for the first month, 4 of them have had the Codex Grey and Chaos Black added to the main areas of the model (they're the 2 staple colours in the army) though that's as far as I've got, no detailing, highlighting or other colours added and I've not even assembled the other 6 Marines.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I think not being built is going to mean you can enter them. 2 colours with not shading/highlighting is also a 'just started' model

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Its worth doing the chalange, i fisrt entered back in 2009, and used the chllange to get 1750pts of CSm done for a tounry i was going to in the may of that year, and it helped big time.
Even though i already have the award for this (and wont get another), im still entering to help encourage other heretics to finsh armies and have fun doing it.
And dont forget, we're all here to help each other if help, tips or advice is needed.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Ooh I didn't know we got an award for doing it, sounds good :p

@Humakt, if it is just me who is bothered by the single army thing, don't worry about changing it, I'll just paint my Iron Snakes for the challenge and try and fit my orks in at weekends of something, don't go out of your way :)

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
Couple of things of which I thought, which are possibly over thinking things:

(i) Do the before and after pictures need to be of a minimum quality or type, or just recognisable as an uncompleted unit and a painted unit? For example, would a quick shot of pile of base-coated sprues be acceptable?

(ii) Does expanding a unit count as building a new unit? For example, I want to make a WHFB horde unit: can I build and paint a unit of 20 Marauders this month then build and paint the remaining 20 next month?

(iii) Does the army have to be legal? For instance, can I build entirely heroes and rare choices?

(iv) Can we redeem Hectic tokens by submitting two units in a subsequent month? For example: I get a two month contract working split-shifts so my painting schedule is thrown out and I use up my tokens; I then do not work for a month so finish a unit in under two weeks; can I start and finish a second unit in that month to reset one of the Hectic tokens?

(v) Are there external limits on what counts as a painted unit, or do we just have to complete something? For instance, if all my previous units have three layers of highlighting but I run out of time can I claim a unit with only two layers or do they all have to be to the same standard?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
No, just one unit at a time.

Month 1, day 1, photo of built but unpainted tactical squad
Month 1, day 31, photo of painted tactical squad
Month 2, day 1, etc

You can take a photo of the army at the end though, maybe have it posted here in a seperate "winners" thread?

41 - 60 of 383 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.