Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
If I remember correctly you are allowed to switch armies once during the challenge. So Say for example you start with your SoB and by August you have finished everything you set out to do with them. At that point you could switch to your Eldar and all is well. Only one switch is allowed though.

Secondly, transports do count as a separate unit so you could paint a Sisters Squad in January and then their Rhino in February.

Last point that you will want to know about is that you get two passes. So if their is a month where real life cuts in, as it frequently does, you can burn a pass and have that month off.

Hope this answers your questions.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
1. Would it be ok to paint a squad one month and then their transport separate the next month? This question is mostly for if I do my sisters army as I don't have the transports for them yet and probably won't for a while. It would also make it possible for me to have the majority of the months filled with a new unit each month.
You can paint a unit and then its transport as seperate months entries thats fine.

2. IF I finish all I had planned for my army in say... 7 months time. Would it count if I did scenery peices dedicated to that army for the remaining months? Like if I did my first squad of jetbikes january, second squad feb, wraithlord 1 mar, wraithlord 2 apr, seer on jetboke may, avatar jun, then added another squad of some sort for jul, then my army is basically the way I designed it to be. Then for august I did a homade eldar style webway or something like that? Then more eldar styled peices each month?
I am going to stick with the rules I established here and say you can not count terrain pieces as entries. It needs to be a unit that has a an entry in your codex.

If you dont have enough units in you army I am allowing a single one off move of armies. SO if you paint all your Sisters and run out of units with 3 months to go, you can swap to Eldar for the rest of the challenge. But this is a once only move. You can not change again. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the replies and answers! Now I guess I must decide which to start before January is over and get my crap together!

Such a hard decision! But I'm getting a little excited. I just wish I had more time so I could put the effort into the models that they deserve! But I will settle for finally actually getting them painted I suppose! haha.

I may just go with the Eldar since I have a bit of a start on it and already own the stuff to build the army the way I had planned...I'm also kind of thinking of buying a squad of Shadow Spectres from Forge World just because I think they look really cool...that'd add another month of units!

Anyway...guess I'll jump around in my brain some more and hopefully make a decision before it's too late for this month! Thanks again!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh wait. Just realized you said from the codex. I guess the shadow specters aren't technically from the codex so if I got them I'd probably not do them for this.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
i think they should be OK, basicly from one codex means no allies, I.E if doing guard, no WH allies as part of the challange.
So a FW unit for eldar should be fine as there from the army your working on

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I.E if doing guard, no WH allies as part of the challange.
Actually, I remember asking a question about the allies thing earlier, and getting the response that I can do my Space Marines, and add in some Grey Knights and an Inquisitor as the DH codex allows you to ally units with other codexes... Something that could be exploited until April when we get a new Codex! :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Just a quick question: If we complete the army painting challenge using the tickets do you still get the medal for completing the challenge? I have so much shit to do before the end of January (real life I mean) I need to prioritise...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Shit! gone to take pictures and my camera is coming up with a "zoom eror" and won't open. do we get a let off if we've done it but can't post pictures?

a rather anoyed that he'll need a new camera ~O
Maybe take some quick photos on your phone until you can get the photos up?

I need to get painting, still got the weapons to do, gotta layer up the white and red, and do the detail on 2 of the marines face, and got to sort out a banner as well ...

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
Just a quick question: If we complete the army painting challenge using the tickets do you still get the medal for completing the challenge? I have so much shit to do before the end of January (real life I mean) I need to prioritise...
A ticket counts as an entry, so to get the medal you must have 10 completed units (as you must have 12 entries).

·
Registered
314 Posts
OK so I totally want in on this... Can I get a ticket for Jan and just start for feb? I'm going to be doing white scars. But I'm thinking a diffrent company so that there shoulder trim is green not red.

·
Registered
314 Posts
? soooooo can I! can I!?

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
I don't see why not. Just PM humakt and let him know you are taking your Real life pass for January and get your February entry posted up in the February Thread.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hello guys,

Seeing how I have a couple forgeworld items laying around, I would like to donate one to this competition.
At the end of the year, the army that I think was best painted, will win a Tau Manta. Which is a very rare, expensive forgeworld item.
Why give this away, because I have two and I'm nice.

So paint on.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Fantastic offer! Thank you!! I'm a Tau player but my record is probably the inverse of yours [Yours: Tau W:28 L:6 T:1 ]......

I'd like to check out what kind of list you normally run and maybe run some ideas by you if you wouldn't mind sharing. Who do you normally play against?

Hmmmmm..... maybe this conversation should go into a PM rather than on the forum. I will look for you over in the Tau Section of the tactics forum.....maybe I'll get my answers there...

For the Greater Good.....
Apidude

·
Bleh
Orruks
3,785 Posts
Hello guys,

Seeing how I have a couple forgeworld items laying around, I would like to donate one to this competition.
At the end of the year, the army that I think was best painted, will win a Tau Manta. Which is a very rare, expensive forgeworld item.
Why give this away, because I have two and I'm nice.

So paint on.
Are you a millionare? :p

361 - 380 of 383 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.