Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
Couple of things of which I thought, which are possibly over thinking things:

(i) Do the before and after pictures need to be of a minimum quality or type, or just recognisable as an uncompleted unit and a painted unit? For example, would a quick shot of pile of base-coated sprues be acceptable?

(ii) Does expanding a unit count as building a new unit? For example, I want to make a WHFB horde unit: can I build and paint a unit of 20 Marauders this month then build and paint the remaining 20 next month?

(iii) Does the army have to be legal? For instance, can I build entirely heroes and rare choices?

(iv) Can we redeem Hectic tokens by submitting two units in a subsequent month? For example: I get a two month contract working split-shifts so my painting schedule is thrown out and I use up my tokens; I then do not work for a month so finish a unit in under two weeks; can I start and finish a second unit in that month to reset one of the Hectic tokens?

(v) Are there external limits on what counts as a painted unit, or do we just have to complete something? For instance, if all my previous units have three layers of highlighting but I run out of time can I claim a unit with only two layers or do they all have to be to the same standard?

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
Just a quick question, for extreemly paint intensive things such as jetseer council (in case I have it made in time) are we able to paint it over two months - so start with half of the seers, finish them then do the other half - effectivly two smaller squads?
(ii) Does expanding a unit count as building a new unit? For example, I want to make a WHFB horde unit: can I build and paint a unit of 20 Marauders this month then build and paint the remaining 20 next month?

As long as each entry conforms to the minimum requirements for the unit in the relevant army book/codex this would be fine.
I am not familiar with Seer Councils; however, provided they are two legal squads it looks to be allowed.

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
I appreciate a few people like the idea of 12 skulls/ranks, but changing everyone's personalised signatures every single month is a lot of work!
possibly missing something; however, the lower personalised image does not change, so could you do personalised signatures as two images that are entered in series in the signature, allowing people to insert the revised rank bar without needing to alter a personalised image.

Thus:

<IMAGE 1 in IMG tags>Current Rank Banner
<IMAGE 2 in IMG tags>Optional Personalised Banner

Form what I have seen of rendering BBCode the two images will appear as one if they are small.

·
Super Moderator
8,570 Posts
A couple of quick questions:

If I cannot post the unpainted picture at the start of the month (e.g. my internet goes wonky) can I post both unpainted and completed pictures together at the end of the month? (I assume I can)

Do i have to complete the unit as shown in the unpainted picture or can I claim a different unit based on the original unit? For example, I decide to build a 40 man horde unit with full command but only complete 15 of them by 29th of the month; as this is a legal unit, can I claim it? (I assume not)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.