Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
In all honesties I'm not sure about not being allowed to paint another army. I need to grow on my Iron Snakes and Snakebitez, so really I wanna work on both of them.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Can't we change the 'only one army rule' to a maximum of two armies? I personally have 2 armies I need to paint, and I can't wait a year to start painting the other, and I don't have enough time to paint a unit for this and my other army.

That's the only thing putting me off tbh.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
That's my point, I don't have enough free time to paint two armies. That's why I'm entering, to actually make sure the free time I do have is used well. But as I wanna work on my orks and marines, I wanna be able to paint a unit for either of those armies, or I won't get past th 500point mark with my orks until next year.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Ooh I didn't know we got an award for doing it, sounds good :p

@Humakt, if it is just me who is bothered by the single army thing, don't worry about changing it, I'll just paint my Iron Snakes for the challenge and try and fit my orks in at weekends of something, don't go out of your way :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
There could be an award for the person who at the end of the year has tried the hardest, and hasn't used any 'tickets'? I know it's not a competition but just an idea I thought I would express :) It wouldn't be 'winning', so to speak, mostly acknowledgment.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
question: im currently painting up BOTH Space marines & Chaos Space marines, most of which have already been assembled. would it be ok if i just paint them? i havent painted many of these units @ all and im sorta sick of them just being plastic grey / metal. would it be alright if i join?
Well going from what Humakt said earlier, you would be able to paint ONE of the army's for a while, but if you wanted to start painting the other one, and switched, you can't switch back to your original army.

E.g. you paint space marines for 4 months, get bored, so you start painting chaos marines. You would have to paint chaos for the rest of the challenge.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I think I already have my list for the units I'll be painting in my head...

Vindicator
Vindicator
Land Raider Redeemer
Kor-sorra Khan on moondraken (counts-as model)
Vulkan He'stan (counts-as model)
Command Squad
Terminator Assault Squad with land raider redeemer
5-man bike squad with attack bike
5-man bike squad with attack bike
5-man bike squad
10-man tactical marine with razorback
Razorback

Think they are the units I need for my 3000 point list here, I think Kobrakai will recognise it ;)

Thought I would just let you guys know :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Would a single HQ model count for a month or do I need to add more to it, example can I do my Mega-Armored Warboss one month, or do I need to do him and a squad?
Last time we could, so yeah I assume you can enter 1 HQ for the month. You can always paint more though.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Why chaotic?

It would look silly to have a chaotic rank with an iron snake image alongside it :laugh:

It would be cool if there were ranks for each army entered. I can't imagine it would be too hard...I mean if the background and text is the same, and the only difference is the rank title (e.g. if you did DA you could have something like Torturer for a rank, whilst if you did SM and completed the challenge you cuold get chapter master as a rank. I'm not saying those are great titles, just trying to show you what I mean).

If that's too much effort or confusion for you guys, then by all means don't worry about it. It would be cool though.

If they were chaotic ranks for all it could go something like...I don't know...

1. Heretic
2. Cultist
3. Aspiring Champion
4. Champion of Chaos
5. Warband leader
6. Daemon Prince of Chaos

Something along those lines maybe?

Don't worry if my ideas are crap I'm just trying to help :)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Actually, I think it would be fitting to have chaotic titles, as it would represent it is a 'heres'-online challenge (if you get me :) )

What you think? and of my above post?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
You could have to get like...4 bronze skulls (each skull represents a month), then you get silver skulls. Once you get 4 silver skulls, you go to gold, and if you get 4 gold skulls you fully complete the challenge!

If you miss a month, out of the competition rules (say you run out of tickets) then you lose a skull, if you use your 'too much life to paint' tickets, you don't gain a skull, but neither do you lose one.

Could be a good way to see who performs the best, and takes quality of painting out of the equation for ranks (as it would be how hard you are trying).

Edit - and you could gain a rank for every two skulls you earn or something.

e.g. after 2 months, and you have entered each month, you would have 2 bronze skulls, and the rank 'CULTIST' instead of 'HERETIC',

Then after say 7 months you could have 3 Silver Skulls and the title 'CHAMPION OF CHAOS'.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
So are you saying something like this (I will use smiley faces)

Month 1 complete =
1 bronze :biggrin:

Month 2 complete =
2 bronze :biggrin::biggrin:

Month 3 complete =
3 bronze :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

If you miss month 4 =
2 Bronze :biggrin::biggrin:

BUT if you used a ticket =
3 Bronze :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Month 5 complete =
1 Silver :victory:

So on and so fourth?

If so I think thats a sweet Idea and have it so if you complete all 12 months you get like a Gold skull with higher ranked lines over top of it. Heck or maybe a special medal showing that not only u completed the competition but you did it flawlessly. :grin::grin:

Great Idea Ultra! I think that would definitely be something to aim for! :so_happy::so_happy:

Chaosftw
That was exactly what I meant, thanks for the rep :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.