Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have been a long time Chaos player, I've got a huge Deathguard army and a big Necron army too, but now I want to start SM.

I have dabbled in and out of SM for years but never getting that big of an army before selling or swapping it.

But now I decided I want to start one and stick with it as I am bored of playing chaos.

Only problem is, I am stuck badly at who to play, and I have narrowed it down.

Space Wolves
Raven Guard
Iron Hands
Salamanders
Blood Angels

I would like to make a competitive list. I like using Characters also, so Shrike/Vulkan and any SW or BA character are appealing. Iron Hands are appealing also but I feel as though I wouldn't be able to make a fluffy HQ option, I wish Kronus was in the SM dex, or even Iron Fathers.

So, Heresy, please if you play any of these armies, try and convince me, please don't just post "Play wolves" and nothing else for example. give reasons.

Much obliged.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Well three of them are codex, paint them hoever you want and swap the characters around, thatrs a fun easy way to plat nilla marines.

Also, BA codex can be nasty at low points... I play DA and codex and greatly enjoy mixing it up with BA, the ability to filed jump troop as troopd with desent of angels along with DC is a lot of fun and they are nasty. (just add sang priest).

Salamanders: I got nothing.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking about going all forgeworld and fielding an army with Shrike and Korvydae, thus making assault squads troops choice.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I was just talking to someone about this yesterday. What we decided would be cool was to use the BA codex as the basis, but make up a new chapter and paint scheme. The theory being to make an all-LR list. Lots of Land Raiders...

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
SW TWC. It's fun to play and effective. You have 9-10 very large angry men flashing across the field on what amounts to giant haired rhinos with the mouths of sharks surrounded by smaller rhino/wolves all headed twords someone sho has most likely pissed themselves and are now trying to make their escape with very very full undies. It's great. Also, if you would like you can PM me or post up a list in the SW section and we can make it as bad ass as possible.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where would I get the thunderwolves from though for conversions?

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Mr. Dandy makes some great wolves. It's about 100 for a pack of 5 but it is well worth it. If you can't get a hold of some fenrisian wolves then I have a list that doesn't include them.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Who is Mr Dandy? Is he on this forum? Any pics of his work.

I have just ordered the SW Codex, I have been convinced. Soon as it comes I will make a list and pm you it, see what you think.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Do a google for Mr. Dandy battle wolves, they are the best I have seen to date.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would say play BA, they are a lot of fun when playing with jumpacks, Mephiston is a complete bad-ass and the new models are quite nice. Besides, they've got the newest Codex, which means you'll gonna have them rules for quite some time, thus making the most out of your money spent.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BA was one of the really tempting ones, but there is 2 people at my flgs who play them and they both play a list that is basically what I would play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts