Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ve come up with a 2000point betrayal death guard list.
im feeling its a bit AT light, any suggestions? im considering droping the stock whirlwind but that doesnt give me a lot to play with.
thanks in advance for the feedback.
2000 point betrayal DEATH GUARD
HQ
PRAETOR
-Terminator armour
-digital lasers
-power scythe
-combi-melta
DEATHSHROUD TERMINATOR SQUAD (5)
- 3 terminators
/378

TROOPS
LEGION TACTICAL SQUAD (20)
-10 marines
/250
-10 marines
/250
-10 marines
/250

HEAVY SUPPORT
LEGION PREDATOR SQUADRON
Tank 1:
-lascannons
-command tank
Tank 2:
-heavy bolters
-plasma destroyer
-armoured ceramite
Tank 3:
-heavy bolters
/405

SPARTAN ASSAULT TANK
-Laser destroyers
-Armoured ceramite
/315
LEGION ARTILLERY TANK SQUADRON
-2 Whirlwinds
Whirlwind 1:
-hyperios air defence missiles
/150

TOTAL-1998

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It fits the Death Guard theme very well, and I assume the Deathshroud will be taking the Spartan? I get the feeling the Predators aren't very well focussed, and so the Lascannon will be wasted when you shoot infantry, and the Heavy Bolters when you shoot tanks. What I would advise is dropping right back on Predator upgrades, so you just have Heavy Bolters and Predator Cannon; this should give you great anti-infantry.

Then, drop the Whirlwinds (not great IMO) and go for a Dreadnought Talon (Contemptors if possible) with full anti-tank weaponry. Lascannon, maybe even Heavy Conversion Beamers, whatever. If this is too expensive, you could always run a Melta Support Squad in a Rhino for ultimate tank-death, but that's a very big target.

EDIT: Also, you only waited one day... that's hardly that bad for feedback time when people with the Betrayal book are fairly scarce compared to standard codices.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It fits the Death Guard theme very well, and I assume the Deathshroud will be taking the Spartan? I get the feeling the Predators aren't very well focussed, and so the Lascannon will be wasted when you shoot infantry, and the Heavy Bolters when you shoot tanks. What I would advise is dropping right back on Predator upgrades, so you just have Heavy Bolters and Predator Cannon; this should give you great anti-infantry.

Then, drop the Whirlwinds (not great IMO) and go for a Dreadnought Talon (Contemptors if possible) with full anti-tank weaponry. Lascannon, maybe even Heavy Conversion Beamers, whatever. If this is too expensive, you could always run a Melta Support Squad in a Rhino for ultimate tank-death, but that's a very big target.

EDIT: Also, you only waited one day... that's hardly that bad for feedback time when people with the Betrayal book are fairly scarce compared to standard codices.
thanks for the feedback! i agree im a bit undecided about the whirlwinds but i felt i needed some AA protection, which one would deliver, and the other was just left over points..
without the Aa whirlwind what would you recommend to use to combat aerial vehicles?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Err... crossed fingers? :laugh: In smaller games a Quad-gun usually does the trick fine, but you'll need more at 2k. Normally one of the best ways to deal with fliers is to have a flier, and the Storm Eagle is brilliant: however it's expensive and doesn't fit the theme.

Hmm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts