Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, picture this, there have been a few cases where units held in reserves have been unable to come onto the table, due to people blocking them out with a line of units covering all of their deployment zone.

Here is my scenario, since coming out of reserves is basically normal movement from the table edge onto the table, Couldn't you just tank-shock your way onto the board?

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
Yes, if said unit was a vehicle. Jump Infantry, Jetbikes, and Skimmers can just fly over them as well. Infantry, Bikes and MCs though have a real issue.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes you could, the major example of this happening though was with a White Scars all-bike (or bikes + inf) army as I understand, and they can't tank shock.

If all your reserves are coming on in tanks (or are flying units), you're golden.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I've never had it happen to me, I was just wondering, because sometimes you wonder really worthless things.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes you could, the major example of this happening though was with a White Scars all-bike (or bikes + inf) army as I understand, and they can't tank shock.

If all your reserves are coming on in tanks (or are flying units), you're golden.
You mean this schmuck? :laugh:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
With that cheesy french cheese-eating surrender monkey grin?

Technically the game breaks. There are no rules to cover it either way. There are no rules that say they're destroyed (unless that was turn 5 and the game ends). The game cannot continue. Let him have his little ego-stroking win and go have a beer or three.

Skimmers, jetbikes and jump/jetpack troops should be able to jump over them, though

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The moral of the story is to plan your reserves.

...and Buckythefly, if you ever get a chance to put a deffrolla in reserve, do it. Nothing says funny like running over a land raider on the edge of the board. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The moral of the story is to plan your reserves.

...and Buckythefly, if you ever get a chance to put a deffrolla in reserve, do it. Nothing says funny like running over a land raider on the edge of the board. :)
You my friend, are a gentleman and a scholar.

I have prepared my exalted yell of joy as well. "KREED WAAAAAGH!!?!"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts