Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my friends thinking of starting SM and he asked me to make him a good list so he knows what works and what to buy this is about 2k points.

Captain Shrike

chaplain (with the Assault terminators)
melta bombs

10 terminators
2 assault cannons

5 assault terminators
(in the LR)

10 Assault marines (with Shrike)
power weapon
flamer

10 tactical marines
melta gun
power fist
melta bomb
(rhino)

10 tactical marines
melta gun
power fist
melta bomb
(rhino)

Land raider

2 Land speeders
Multi meltas

see what you think

·
Registered
344 Posts
Assault marines are pretty terrible and just switch all the other terminators to assault. abuse that silly Shrike Combo to death

·
Registered
281 Posts
Take more assault terminators as suggested by Drizzt and add in more scoring units. Your enemies should have the fire power at 2000 points to kill twenty marines.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would say forget Raven Guard... If he wants a fun balanced list, then shrike probably isn't the right place to start.

If you want to shrike bomb with termi's, just take 30 Assault termi's, shrike and a bunch of scoring sniper scouts.

Something like this for 2k

Shrike

10 x Assault Termi

10 x Assault Termi

10 x Assault Termi

5x Scouts
Sniper
ML
Cloaks

5x Scouts
Sniper
ML
Cloaks

5x Scouts
Sniper
ML
Cloaks

5x Scouts
Sniper
ML
Cloaks

5x Scouts
Sniper
ML
Cloaks

2x Attack Bike with MM

Just infiltrate to where you need everything, turbo boost some bikes then watch 30 TH/SS termi's with fleet go charging across the board. Going to ground on objectives with scouts for a 2 up cover save

·
Registered
314 Posts
And it looks totally boring
Wtf? 10 termies charging on first turn is boring?

Ignoring the stupid coming form the peanut gallery, yeah that's basically how you do shrike, although having some first turn melta (read: things in pod) to pop cans for shrikes squad would be nice. Sternguard possibly, although they're expensive for suicide melta, but podnoughts only bring one shot which screws up often enough. Otherwise yeah just do what Jono said and he'll do fine.
Good hunting,
Raptors8th

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnx for the comments:)

from what im hearing change the assault terminators
and add more scoring units
so ill get rid of the assault marines and take another tac squad in a rhino and shrike can go with the big squad of terminators.

Captain Shrike

chaplain (in LR)
melta bombs

10 assault terminators
6 hammers
4 claws

5 assault terminators
(in the LR)

10 tactical marines
melta gun
power fist
melta bomb
(rhino)

10 tactical marines
melta gun
power fist
melta bomb
(rhino)

10 tactical marines
melta gun
power fist
melta bomb
(rhino)

Land raider

2 Land speeders
Multi meltas

·
Registered
114 Posts
Also I would say don't bother with PF and MB on your tac squads... I would even go as far as you probably won't be needing PF's at all on them if you have 15 TH/SS termi's on the board. If you remove the PF's, and the chaplain, that gives you enough points for a couple of HB/TML speeders, HF/MM speeders, or even 2 Dakka Preds to help open up light tanks.

If I were to run 2 HQ's though I would drop the chaplain for a Libby... They are far more useful with their Hood + Null zone for your termi's. Throw in avenger for some MEQ roasting.

And I know this may sound absolutly insane, but I would probably forget the LR all together. I would rather take an extra 5 TH/SS Termi's and MM attack bike for the same price, even maybe deep strike some termi's OMG...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts