Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Sounds like that problem is one of tactics over the actual rules themselves.
Maintaining his moral is a tricky thing too.

About the only thing I can suggest is that you play some simpler games to get his confidence and experience up ?

·
Registered
387 Posts
However, in 40k games, he acts in a way that really doesn't make the game fun.

So I guess that's another thing I could say, as soon as things start to go south, he visibly gets upset about it. Not in the whining sort of way, but his emotions plummet and he starts to get all down, which really makes it hard for the other player to have fun.
Has you friend always been like this or was he ok in 5th edition?

Seems to me your friend just has no real interest in playing the game anymore or he never has enjoyed it, which gives you 2 options, either keep up trying to include him and destroying your own fun or probs much harder to do just cut him loose from you games, explain that you don't think he is enjoying it anymore and you think he should take a break.

You never know he may thank you for it as he might only be playing because he doesn't want to let you down or because he has spent money on the hobby and doesn't want to see that money go to waste, if the latter is true he could always just sell his models to recoup some of the costs.

Either way as said before you should try not to let it ruin your fun, hope your problem gets sorted

21 - 22 of 22 Posts