Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Help with using gut magic

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Shaun_wi 
#1 ·
I have just started playing warhammer again after a 12 year abscence. I'v decided on Ogre Kingdoms as my army and have a had a few 1000pt battles to get the rules in to my head aswell as learning how to use my ogres properly and just want to make sure I'm getting it right.

I'm slightly confused at how to use gut magic properly (how to use it too benefit me in games and also yo use it correctly within the rules). So heres my questions (for ease of answering presume all magic is coming from a single butcher):

.Can I use the same spell multiple times on different units?
if so can I do this in the same turn i.e giving two units regeneration?

. Can I cast the same spell multiple times on the same unit and have the effects stack?
e.g. having toughness 7 ogres with regen

For any of the answers, if possible, can you give me page numbers so I can re-read the sections of the rule/army book so I can understand it better.

Any other things you want to add about using gut magic is also appreciated.
As I said I am new to both the rules and the army so any help is appreciated.
Thankyou in advance

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
What if I attempt a spell and it is subsequently dispelled can I try that same spell again with the same butcher or would I have to use a different caster but the casting value would still be 3+

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the help. I think I get it now. I'll have to tell my friend that I screwed him over when I had a unit of toughness 7, strength 5 regenerating ogres running around :grin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.