Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been thinking of starting a traitor guard army but im not sure of any spefic rules. heres a list of questions
1.Can you use marks (i.e. mark of nurgle etc)
2.are point costs the same
3.could i use them in a tourny
4.Are the forge world conversion kits worth it.

Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
For traitor Guard your best bet is using the current Imperial Guard codex and running it as a Chaos type list. Lots of Psykers for a Tzeentch type army, possibly CC Guard for a Khorne based army, etc.

There is the Lost and the Damned list from the Eye of Terror campaign, but that's based off of the old 3rd/4th edition IG book and is rather subpar, and may not be allowed at most tournaments.

There are also the Vraks renegades lists from the Siege of Vraks set of Imperial Armour books from Forgeworld, but the same as the LATD book applies. They're a bit better than that list, but most tournaments won't allow it and even in pick up games some people see Imperial Armour and knee jerk refuse to play it.

I personally like the Vraks list, they're a combination of the 4th Edition IG book with Chaos Space Marine allies with either a generic, a Nurgle, or a Khorne theme. Not terribly competitive but still fun to play in a friendly not cut throat game. The main issue is that most of the options are overcosted compared to the current 5th edition IG book, with few bonuses to compensate.

Far as the models go I absolutely love them. They're expensive, obviously, but no one else in my area has them and few have even heard of them, and if nothing else that makes my army stand out as not "Standard Cadian Mech Army #375."

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you. ill look into that

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problem. IA5 has the generic Vraks Renegades, IA6 has a list with some Khorne themed units, most notably Khorne Bezerkers as elites. IA7 has Nurgle units, Plague Zombies and Plague Marines being the two stand outs. IA5 has nothing 6 or 7 don't also have, so if you have to pick just one don't grab that. I would recommend at least borrowing all 3 though, they are a good read if only for fluff purposes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts