Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Im leaning towards painting my Slaanesh marines something very similar to the Flawless host which uses pink and purple. It says flesh tones pink but im going Emperors children pink. The thing is im not sure on which GW purple I should be using plus highlights. Shade wise im using the Crimson GW one. Any help/suggestions would be helpful

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Hey Spins,

Not had too much experience using the pinks and purples but the GW range is normally quite dark.

If you're looking to raise the tone to a flawless host purple, perhaps find the palest flesh tone - perhaps elf flesh, or whatever it's become mixed in with the new warlock purple to raise a bit from how dark it is. Once you've figured out the mix, make sure you have a spare paint pot to make a big mix. Remixing on the palette every time can result in some peculiar shades across an army.

Alternatively, have a look through the Vallejo catelogue for a closer purple to what you want.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
My favoured purple is actually a vallejo one, and that is hexed lichen. Its sits between xereus and genestealer purple. I'm not 100% sure what combination of paints to use on it but it is light enough that Druchii Violet would work well. Genestealer purple may work as an edge highlight.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What kind of purple do you want to achieve exactly? Would it be like this or do you want a brighter finish?

·
Registered
0 Posts
To lighten the tone of purple yellow would be the color to add per color theory.

Check out the Vallejo Model range. They should have a purple to fit your needs. Wash with black, then highlight with 2 parts base color 1 part yellow. If you want extreme highlights or hard edge 1:1 purple/yellow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts