Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peeps!

I'm slowly putting together my new nid army, but I'm umm'ing and ahh'ing over how to spec my nids and need some guidance. :scratchhead:
I've put together most of the bodies but have left off the arms, heads and bio-morphs.

My army so far:

1 x Hive Tyrant (was thinking of a venom cannon and maybe some tyrant guard)

3 x Warriors (Thinking of giving one a venom cannon, not sure what to give the other two)

2 x Lictors (1 of them from an old army)

1x Zoanthrope (considering getting 2 more)

1x Carnifex (I was going to do a ranged one, with either spine banks < the fav at the mo> or spore cysts)

16 x Gaunts (was going to give fleshborers)

16 x Hormaguants

8 x Genestealers (was thinking of having feeder tendrils, not sure wether to go for scything talons. I have genestealers from an old army that could add to this)

1x Ravener (might get some more)

I'd like my army to be a good all rounder if possible, but my main foe will likely be ultramarines.
I'm still going to add to this list, so if there's any other units that I should consider I'd be grateful for the tips!

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If I were you I would give the Tyrant the Guard and the venom cannon and lash whip and bonesword. Though not at all original, it is the best option in my book.
If you take a brood of Zoanthropes, take the maximum three with Warp Blast and Synapse because it provides heavy shootiness and you can never have too much Synapse, and your current list hasn't got much. The same aplies to the Ravener, take more in the brood to make the most out of the deep strike.
If ultramarines are your foe, try to swamp them with sheer swarms of Tyranids and take a ranged Carnifex for back-up firepower and a close combat one armoured to the teeth to take out tanks.
In regard to the Genestealers their WS is good enough without feeder tendrils and maybe take the Scything Talons and play them with a broodlord.

Well, that's my two cents.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although nobody has told you to buy a Biovore don't no matter what, me and my friends believe they're a waste of money.

·
Registered
598 Posts
biovores aren't that bad, they are just better in larger games, where you can also spend points on bolstering up your troops
as for the army, genestealers are a great addition, hmm, a carnifex, tyrant, (im trying to remember my bros army)
my brother uses: genestealers, some gaunts, a carnifex, broodlord, some warriors, and a tyrant

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shooty Fex's are useful, try one 'Fex with a Venom Cannon/Barbed and enhanced senses, good for poping tanks at long range. Makes a change form trying to chase a tank across the board.

For the stealers, you can make them very expensive, but try to keep them cheep. Try giving them just a ext carapace, for a save against bolters and the such, maybe fleshhooks too.

And get some more ravaners if you can. Nice fast assault force, and they can DS if you want them too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I tend to max out my stealers, giving them scything talons, implant attack and extended carapace, and toxin sacs, if their well hidden behind a termaguant brood then you laughing unless they have ordnance. I give my warriors toxin sacs and deathspitters because they can really pack a punch but i favour barbed stranglers, but then again im up against guard mostly.

As to good old Mr Fex i highly recommend, scything talons, crushing claws, toxin sacs, spin banks, extended carapace, mace tail, bonded exoskeleton, adrenal glands and tusked. It makes him failry pricy and not really very shooty buuuttttt. He kills tanks and squads while laughing. He has strength ten and also he can dish out a minimum of 5 attacks on the charge or 10 attacks if hes lucky. Also spin banks are still strength 10 and twin linked means bs 3 really doesn't matter. He will really struggle against power fists and thunder hammers because of low initiative thats why the extra adrenal glands making him initiative 2. however try not to send him in unsupported.

'brains' are great for fire power but limited range and might as well have as many as you can like magnus says never enough synapse.

hope i have helped.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd get rid of alot of that stuff and go for numbers... just get base troops. For 2000 points you should easily be able to throw 150 models on the table, with 4 synapse. I made a list up one time, 158 models on the table...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts