Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok nice pepole at heresy i need your help. ive managed to perfect the skin and red cloth on my orks but im just have a bit of trouble with the metalics. i was hoping some pepole could give me a hand here.

i need a tutorial or just pointers for painting, steel (guns, choopas)
in currently using bolt gun washed with black the highleted again with bolt gun, but could use a differnt one for sonme varity.

gold (shiny and dull if poss)
the only way i do this at the moment is a gyphine wash over mythril.

and a bright silver (for my high elves)
dont know where to start with this realy. i have tried chainmail highlted up to mythril but just cant get a smooth look.

thatnks for your help pepole and once i have gotten this metilacs done will be uploading pics for feed back aswell.

hawkes

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I play necrons so I've gotten used to painting with metallic paints.
1. I usually use about 3 layers of the metallic paint (Especially stuff like burnished gold that dosent cover well).
2. For guns, I like a purple wash on chainmail (but I have never actually used that), for blades however, boltgun metal with a red wash. It looks bloody and should fit orks rather well.
3. Vehicles are fun to paint with metallics. For areas you don't want to paint red near the bottom of the vehicle, boltgun and purple wash, then a light overcoat of a brown so it looks like it was covered in mud. Higher up you can use mythril and then put boltgun over that.
4. For gold, I use 3-5 layers of burnished gold with chaos black to contrast it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts