Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Grinnsira, I can see where you are coming from. What you have described doesn't usually happen very often, but it is occuring more and more recently. I think what people struggle with is that they think there own list is great and that every other list is not as good. There is also a sticky about requesting non-competitive list, etc. but unfortunatley most competitive lists are the same. I have seen posts which basically boil down to "All you're units are crap, take these" with no explaination. I think this is the root of the problem. If someone can justify why one unit is better than another within an army, then this problem wouldn't exist.

I think the way to avoid the situation you have describe is to state that although you want it to be competitive, you either want to keep certain units or you want to build around a theme. Another if you find yourself being told your choices are bad is to ask for the poster to justify why the are bad. There usually is a reason.

Belial the last part of your statement is almost right, in that if you don't like the advice, don't accept it, but the first part is unnecessary and borders on a personal attack.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.