Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lo all, I have been a 40k player for ages and have decided to go for a fantasy army for 8th as a few mates have decided to go back to it.

I have no idia but the basics so far and am still learning all the rules.

Can any TK players (and others if they are helpfull) give me any pointers and help with my army, here is my planned 2k starting list.

Tomb King, Spear of Antarhak, Armor of Ages

Lich High Priest, Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations, Golden Ankhra

Lich Priest, Dispel Scroll

Lich Priest, Brooch of the Great Desert

40 Skeleton Warriors, Spear & Shield, Light Armour, Musician, Champion, Banner of the Undying Legion

20 Skeleton Warriors, Spear & Shield, Light Armour, Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer

16 Skeleton Warriors, Bows

16 Skeleton Warriors, Bows

Bone Giant

Any CC or helpful idias welcome, would also like to know what people feel are the important and good units as you advance to 3k, Tomb Guard good/bad? any point in Scorpions, that kind of thing.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That's not a bad list to start with, but I'd make a few modifications.

1. Replace plaque of incantations with the Hieratic jar, it's so much more useful I find for when you MUST get a spell off.

2. Try and get some Tomb Guard in there, they're just wrong!

3. Consider making those skeleton archers 3 units of 10, it will give you more flexibility in the shooting phase and make it harder to wipe them all out, though it will be harder to get them all shooting twice a turn. Try both configurations out, see what works best

I'd consider replacing the high priest with a normal priest as you've got a bucket load of magic already and I think you'll struggle to find uses for it all. It will also allow you to maybe upgrade that unit of 20 skeletons to Tomb Guard (11 s4 killing blow attacks are just wrong!)

Also, keep an eye out in GW, there are rumours of a new Tomb Kings army book coming at some point soon (not sure when but it's probably after October)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd normally give my tk spear of antarhak scorpion armour cloak of dunes and 2+ ward against flaming attacks. Fly him into the rear of the enemy and you'll kill bout 2/3 a turn but you should hold unless you fluff your attacks
I did this to a unit of 33 wariors of chaos and held them up for the whole game it was ace!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts