Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends have played 40k for YEARS... and I have just fell into the hobby and love it. I play an ever growing army of Chaos Space Marines.

I need help with a list to at least survive my friend's ork army. He wants to play a 1500-2000 list.

Here's what I got (Disclaimer: I run Nurgle/Khorne mixturee)

Daemon Prince
wings
MoN
warptime

Chaos Lord
wargear upgrade (terminator armor, plasma pistol, power fist)
MoN

5 x Terminators
IoN
Lightning Claw
Combiweapon x 2
Autocannon
Power Weapon
Heavy Flamer

10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun

10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun

8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol

8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol

2 x Chaos Defiler
Close Combat Weapon x 2

This is about 1941 points....

PLEASE suggest things to me. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
941 Posts
My friends have played 40k for YEARS... and I have just fell into the hobby and love it. I play an ever growing army of Chaos Space Marines.

I need help with a list to at least survive my friend's ork army. He wants to play a 1500-2000 list.

Daemon Prince
wings
MoN
warptime
MoS is better and give him lash
Chaos Lord
MoN
Give him MoK and a daemon weapon
5 x Terminators
IoN
Lightning Claw
Combiweapon x 2
Autocannon
Power Weapon
Heavy Flamer

10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun

drop the twin linked bolter. instead of flamer and plasma, get 2 melta guns10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun
Same with this squad
8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol

8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol

2 x Chaos Defiler
Close Combat Weapon x 2
rest looks great
This is about 1941 points....

PLEASE suggest things to me. Thanks in advance.
Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why exactly can't I keep the daemon prince with MoN?

I've heard MoS is good... But is it THAT good?

The only reason I even question you is because I wanted to avoid mixing more than 2 gods in my army. No real statistical reason...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I disagree. If you want MoN, take it. Makes him terrific in CC. A lot of people run a Prince with Lash of Submission, but Nurglish Princes are quite common themselves.

Daemon Prince
wings
MoN
warptime
This is good. MoN Daemon Princes with Warptime are great in CC.

Chaos Lord
MoN
First off, he can't take a Plasma Pistol in Terminator armor. Second, never take a Power Fist for Independent Characters. In case you haven't noticed, PFs strike last and IC's can be singled out in Close Combat, making it very likely that he'll die before he can use it. In addition, his strength is no greater than a regular Chaos marine's. PF's are more effective in the hands of Champions.

Any Lord should have either a Daemon Weapon or a pair of Lightning Claws. The Nurgle Daemon Weapon isn't quite as good as the others, so if you still want him as a Nurgle Termie Lord, give him LC's. Or, give him a MoK, Power Armor, Wings, and a Daemon weapon.

5 x Terminators
IoN
Lightning Claw
Combiweapon x 2
Autocannon
Power Weapon
Heavy Flamer
Take out the Autocannon, first off. I would advise giving them a Land Raider, as well.

10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun
Take off the Twin-Linked Bolter and replace the Flamer and Plasma Gun with 2 meltaguns.

10 x Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Twinlinked Bolter
Flamer
Plasma Gun
Same as above. Generally, it's not a good idea to mix special weapons. Take 2 of one kind.

8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol

8 x Khorne Berzerkers
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Plasma Pistol
Looks good.

2 x Chaos Defiler
Close Combat Weapon x 2
Hmmm... I would definitely take out 1 of these and add in a trio of Obliterators. Just FYI, Defilers do tend to work better from a distance, with the Battlecannon and all, though I know those pincers can be tempting...
Another thing you could do is ditch both of them, and use the points to get a Land Raider (For your Termies) and 2 obliterators. This should be within your point constraints assuming you took out the Reaper Autocannon from the terminator squad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to both of you. I regret not being able to Daxxglax's post until now.

I made the majority of the modifications Primarch gave me, except the MoS....... The MoN helped but since I'm rather new, my tactic was awful. I didn't have enough support for him so he was wiped out as soon as he was able to even dish damage.

I took out 1 of the defilers and added 2 rhinos with all the upgrades. I may ditch the additional damage since it didn't help that much, but the upgrade for both havoc lauchers kept punching holes in his units.

The 1 defiler completely owned everything it hit (lucky rolls with scatter die, almost always a HIT!) But for the last 2 rounds of the battle was disabled...

I had the termies in reserve and they came in round 3 to deep strike and just did a clean sweep of the units in the back but his tank bustas got the best of them.

5 hours in, we called it a draw. He explains WAY too much and goes into detail which took a while, and I don't know all the rules which took longer.

All in all, I think I can say I am very happy with my army, and I hope to get more help with tactics and upgrades in the weeks to come.

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my Opinion having 2 gods is fine, and yes, it is That freakn' good!
Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:
You know what Primarch I disagree. It is not that good, and to be honest I am getting really annoyed at you recommending this to everyone that doesn't already have it. I've seen you post it on lists that are specifically titled, Khorne Army List. It's very, very annoying and quite frankly idiotic that you havn't understood the title before posting on the thread. A nurgle prince with warptime is much more useful and lasts a hell of a lot longer. What if you fail your lash? You move the enemy unit 3 inchs what is the point!? I really find it useless to be honest and it doesn't really give you the out come people promise it does. If I move the enemy unit into range of my obliterators, and the obliterators scatter their weapons and that whole turn has been wasted. Where as with a Nurgle prince with wings you could have charged the unit and caused much more damage.

Waste of points, instead of moving a unit of the objective. Contest it! Charge at it and you might just free up the objective and take care of the entire enemy unit. Now isn't that better than moving them off it, just so they can move back onto it and fire at you the following turn?

Apart from the DP I agree with Primarch on the other points, and it seems like a relatively solid list.

Happy Slaughtering :grin:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'm not a fan of MoS either, but it does have its uses. i would also consider MoT on the Lord.

i'd give the termies MoT if they're gonna hoof it, drop all upgrades maybe for a couple of combi-meltas, but maybe.

3 walking MoT termies with a Reaper AC could be worrisome if not dealt with, so it could be a disraction.

the Zerkers look good though on the PMs i would use two meltas with a comibi-flamer on the champs.

lastly, you need more long range anti-tank. Oblits is the obvious choice here, but not necessarily the best one for you.

good hunting.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For the terminators, I would suggest partnering them with a land raider, providing some protection and a nice big hulking tank to slam down into the orks front line.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You know what Primarch I disagree. It is not that good, and to be honest I am getting really annoyed at you recommending this to everyone that doesn't already have it. I've seen you post it on lists that are specifically titled, Khorne Army List. It's very, very annoying and quite frankly idiotic that you havn't understood the title before posting on the thread. A nurgle prince with warptime is much more useful and lasts a hell of a lot longer. What if you fail your lash? You move the enemy unit 3 inchs what is the point!? I really find it useless to be honest and it doesn't really give you the out come people promise it does. If I move the enemy unit into range of my obliterators, and the obliterators scatter their weapons and that whole turn has been wasted. Where as with a Nurgle prince with wings you could have charged the unit and caused much more damage.

Waste of points, instead of moving a unit of the objective. Contest it! Charge at it and you might just free up the objective and take care of the entire enemy unit. Now isn't that better than moving them off it, just so they can move back onto it and fire at you the following turn?

Apart from the DP I agree with Primarch on the other points, and it seems like a relatively solid list.

Happy Slaughtering :grin:
listen, while other princes have there uses, in games under 2,00 pts a lash prnce is clearly the best choice. the can stalll enemies long enogh for you to get you other gus around and outflank them, which is killer in small games like these, now if your playing 3,000 point nurgle, then forget the lash prinec, but remember what I said, in a small army, they're the only DP I'd run! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

P.S. Don't get hung up on certain gods, often CSMs are devoted to all the gods, not just one!:grin:

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
listen, while other princes have there uses, in games under 2,00 pts a lash prnce is clearly the best choice.
i don't agree with this.

may be the best choice for you but Lash means nothing against all Mech armies and/or when you face Eldar with Runes of Warding or Tyranid with Shadow in the Warp (3d6 psyker tests).

sometimes taking a Chaos Lord is better as you negate any anti-psyker abilities he may have by not taking a psyker.

i would hope, unless a poster is a complete noob, by now people know about Lash Princes. if they don't put one on their lists, or the army list is not tailored towward that particular strategy, there's no point in recommending one.

this is still a game where we get to choice what kind of plastic men we we will use. we all don't have to use the same one.

·
Registered
941 Posts
well sure in specific situations like those, but I'm talking about in general! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

P.S. I often recomend different types of lords to fit the army as well! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
well sure in specific situations like those, but I'm talking about in general! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

P.S. I often recomend different types of lords to fit the army as well! :D
Err, I think this guy said it was a Nurgle/Khorne mixture, so Lash wouldn't
fit. Also in general, most people are mechanised due to the amount of blast and template weapons avaliable in the 5th adition. Unless you're playing a completely new retard. :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Err, I think this guy said it was a Nurgle/Khorne mixture, so Lash wouldn't
fit. Also in general, most people are mechanised due to the amount of blast and template weapons avaliable in the 5th adition. Unless you're playing a completely new retard. :D
actualy, I often do! a space marine player I often pown thinks extra armor gives you opponent a -1 modifier on their roles to wound!:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts