Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just started a new BA army, was origionally with DA and was wandering if anyone could help me make an effective 1000pt list with the models I do have. I havent actually played the new edition yet so its just something to get used to it. Ive got a libby and a captain for hq, ive got 2 priests, 10 death company, around 15 assault marines, 10 tactical marines, a dreadnought a rhino and a predator i could also use some termies or my landraider from my deathwing if i had to. Don't hesitate in letting me know if i should invest in some new units.

many thanks, elsmiff

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
To start, I'd say get that Libby a jump pack and grab one more box of assault marines so that you can run two 10 man squads. Another thing I did was convert a tactical squad to RAS by ripping off their bolters and giving them all pistols and chainswords so that I could use them in a drop pod. A good base to a BA list is:

Libby w/JP

Priest w/JP, PS

10 man RAS w/2x MG

10 man RAS w/2xF, 2xHF on sergeant

for a total of 645 points. Like I said, I typically use the MG squad in a DP to take out the toughest armour T1. The Priest always gets the PS/LC over the sergeants of the RAS they accompany because they have WS5 and it gives you a character to 'throw away' on a challenge so that the Priest can be more effective elsewhere in combat. Two hand flamers on the sergeant because 4 flame templates out of one squad before the squad charges in with a Priest will pretty much clear any objective just from weight of dice. Specially if the squad being attacked has 5/6+ saves. I don't typically use two priests unless it's a huge game, as if you play the squads together (and you should) they can both benefit from the same model.

The DC is great, but better with a Chaplain. If I'm playing my DC, they're typically in a LRC and with a Reclusiarch (HQ chaplain, unless I'm running Mephiston as my HQ then it's a normal Chappy) for *in my experience* their best delivery/use. I have always stuck with BP/CCW, but they are relentless and bolters make sense. I just like having them really good at combat, because when I play they're either in a LRC, in CC, or dead.

Tactical squads are great objective holders, fast Rhinos help them get there. I don't use them often, and when I do typically I take 5 man squads with just bolters and put them in Razorbacks to keep up with my RAS/hold the objectives they clear.

A dreadnought's place in a BA army very much depends on the general/weapons loadout. I only ever use a Furioso, my Heavy Support dreads have all been painted green for use as Mortis dreads in my DA army.

Predators win all over the place. I use an auto/las predator in conjunction with an ADL and sniper scouts as a backline when I need air defense out of a pure BA list and don't want to run dual Stormravens.

Hope this helps you out man! Always nice to see more BA love on Heresy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ntaw has covered pretty much everything there, my tupennys worth is something to deal with flyers. They're everywhere in 6th edition and they are a real pain without something to deal with them. Your best bet is a flyer of your own, I'd suggest a stormraven, or an aegis defence line with quad guns and a scout sniper/five man tax squad to man it.

Hope that helps!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts