Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
That armour looks blue to me... are you taking about the rusty colour in between the joints and panels? Cos if so, that's just reikland fleshshade. Have a look at this and see if it helps.
I'm painting a penitent engine for my redemptionists at the minute and have used the same technique.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That armour looks blue to me... are you taking about the rusty colour in between the joints and panels? Cos if so, that's just reikland fleshshade. Have a look at this and see if it helps.
Sorry I did mean arms, legs, body and other joints not the actual blue armor panels.
and you are right reikland fleshshade looks like the right thing maybe mix in a bit of red.
I would say it could be accomplished by a mix of Carrobourg Crimson and Aggrax Earthshade washes on the metal, yes.
Hmm thats an idea, will try this.
Would it be a 1:1 mix of both?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd probably be more inclined to be mixing Seraphim Sepia, Reikland Fleshshade and Agrax to make the colours you're after, I'd worry the crimson might be a bit too deep for what you're after. On the pic I posted above, the reddish colour around the joints is fleshshade, the lighter colour on the shiny pistons is seraphim sepia. The fleshshade is quite red as it is, multiple layers of it really make it stand out. Mine was a lot more prominent until I lightly drybrushed over everything with a silver.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Hmm thats an idea, will try this.
Would it be a 1:1 mix of both?
Ï would start with Aggrax and maybe use a little bit of thinned down Crimson on certain spost where you want the rust to be really dominant. Not a mix of the two shades persay, but more using them laye rby layer depending on what rust color you want where.

However, as Cardyfreak also suggests there may be more than one way around this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts