Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I am very new still. I got a few items for Christmas, including the GK codex, Bro Capt Stern, a set of GKs and a set of GK Termis. I've been reading through the codex trying to wrap my head around everything but have been waiting to put together my guys until i knew how i wanted to try to configure them. I know 500 is a tough number for a GK list, because they are spendy and it makes it tough to get many units. But, it is what it is. My son and his friends are starting with 500 so that's what i'm starting with as well, so I can play with them.

I realize I may need to pick up some other items and that's fine, just not sure what the best way to go for a 500pt starting army. I'd appreciate any thoughts on a list.

·
Registered
303 Posts
A cheap HQ (like the Brotherhood Champion if you're running pure GK) or an Inquisitor is a good route.

In my thousand points I like to run at least one (2 if possible) Psyfleman dreads (2x Autocannon + Psybolt ammo. They're cheap and good at what they do.

As for troops: Just full Strike Squads with Psycannons. You can fit at least 3 of them into a 1000 pt list + Dreads + HQ and have a solid shooting base.

The idea of 1000 pts is to deny your opponent long range shooting and force him to come to you, where you can bring a lot of shots at mid-short range and then clean him up with AP3 weapons.

Terminators are less advised, although they'd be fine if you just started them on the board. I've lost games as early as the third turn because my Terminators decided they'd rather polish their armor or something. But they are expensive, and you won't be able to get much more than 10 into a 1000 pt list.

The best success I've had is a lot of boots on the board, or running smaller squads in Razorbacks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts