Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all...ive decided to pick up an eldar army and wanted it based around the wraiths...i am looking to keep it as a foot slogger and would like any advice that anyone has to offer

Hq:
Eldrad

Elites:
8x wraithguard
8x wraithguard

troops:
10 guardians
-bl platform

10 guardians
-bl platform

Heavy:
2x lords
-bl
-ml

3x war walkers
-2x scatter lasers

total:1495

again any advice is appreciated...ty for your time

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Since you are not running full 10 man wraith guard I would look at dropping them to 7 guards each and add a lock to each guardian squad. That will allow better wraith control and help support you guardians or just add locks to your wraith squads.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
This is OK but not great.

Main problem is you have weak scoring units, and your toughest units are not scoring.

Try using Eldrad, a Farseer with Stones, Fortune, and Doom.

Increase your Wraithguard to 10 men, add a Conceal Warlock with Spirit Seer upgraded.

Your third Troop choice should be some DA with no vehicle: leave them in cover and have them sit at home, or you could just as easily use Pathfinders.

Your last two choices should Wraithlords with Shuricannons. With some mods you could even give then Wraith Swords.

I’ve only lost one game with this list vs. TSons, but that was because he fired 3 units of TSons into one Wraithguard unit at a time, and damn their ability to always rapid fire (Slow and Purposeful…) and damn their AP3 bolters.

Not my list; I got the idea from Djinn21.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx all for the help...

i really like the suggestions you gave inquisitor ill adjust my list and see how that works out...it seems like it will be a blast to play but how would it handle against hordes?

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
it will struggle agains hordes a bit, but remember you have a Wraithlord, with a Chin Cannon and two flamers, so don't be afraid to put him in from if facing hordes. as long as he doesn't get blasted away in shooting or die due to PF's, he should be OK.

good hunting.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
You'll really need to be careful against Daemons and Nids. Anything that can spam poison weapons can really give you a bad day.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@styro
im not too worried about psn weapons mainly because they still allow a save and with fortune that shouldnt really be to hard to make

@Inquisitor
nice...thanx GW for putting 2 style of arms in the WL sprew

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Fair enough, just being cautious. It's good to remember for target priority, though. And no armor saves from certain Nurgle MC's, rare as those are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts