Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,632 Posts
So basically use dheneb stone, then use thinned skull white, applying around 5-6 layers? how thinned should the paint be ideally? or is that entirely up to me?
I think LTP meant add white paint to the dheneb stone.

So paint 1 layer dheneb stone, 1 layer 80:20 dheneb/white, 1 layer 70:30 and then keep going until the white is as bright as you'd like it to be.

I may well be wrong, but that method makes sense to me.

· Registered
4,632 Posts
heh, thanks very much :blush:

I've painted them about 6 different ways so far, i like to try out different techniques as i go along. I mostly use the same colours though.

Prime Black

Green - snot green layered up to scorpion green

Black - Chaos black layered up with bleached bone, and BB highlights

Gold - Charred brown base, burnished gold highlighted with a mix of mithril silver and washed with chesnut ink.

Shoot me a pm if you want more detail, and good luck with your sallies :)

· Registered
4,632 Posts
Does layer up mean adding the other paint to the previous mixture again and again? So like you said with dheneb stone and white, start at like 80:20, then 60:40 etc ?
Yup that's it. Leave the darker colours showing through on the shaded areas and use the lighest layer on the highlight areas to give a smoother sense of depth. Wraithlord has put up a really nice tutorial on the forum which describes layering much more thoroughly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.