Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I am just starting to paint my own legion bits and pieces, and was wondering if you lot could help me.

This is a basic design of my legions colours: (I had to use the Space Marine painter because it does that Halving scheme)

The things I need your help on, is what do I paint the armour trim (or what would you reccommend?)

Also, what colour would be useful to highlight Hormagaunt Purple and Orkhide Shade?

Cheers then!
MC

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd probably go with a dark silver, like a gunmetal colour. I think gold would look a bit gaudy with green & purple.

For the highlights i'd mix snot green & liche purple into their respective foundations.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd probably go with a dark silver, like a gunmetal colour. I think gold would look a bit gaudy with green & purple.

For the highlights i'd mix snot green & liche purple into their respective foundations.
I'd aggree with the Snot green, however, Liche Purple is actually darker than the foundation... I might have to look into another paint range, because most of the GW purples are really pinkish...

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'd aggree with the Snot green, however, Liche Purple is actually darker than the foundation... I might have to look into another paint range, because most of the GW purples are really pinkish...
My bad :p

Another alternative is to mix it with something like bleached bone, or kommando khaki. I think LTP used Khaki or dheneb stone mixed with liche purple to highlight her lightning hawks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
For the bolt pistol casing you might try black instead of red, to me it would go better with the purple and green.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts