Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i've got a few stories on the go and will be posting them soon.

but was looking for a bit of help with my new chapters back story, the sea dragons.

Was thinking of having them as loyal remnants of the Alfa legion. Who for obvious reasons, dropped their name changed the colour of their amour and found a secluded planet to rebuild their forces.
Calling them the sea dragons, says to me an ocean world with little land. I was also thinking the planet could be on the outer edges of the segmentum pacifcus.

any help would be much Appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Primarch: Alpharius

Loyal remnants of the Alpha legion.

Chapter name: Sea dragons

Current chapter master: Vaporus the VII

Chapter symbol: Leviathan

Markings: Black, blue, silver and red amour/ dragon head on left shoulder plate.

Home planet: Leviathan Prime.

System: unknown

History.

Pre-founding

According to imperial records, during the Horus heresy the entire Alfa legion turned traitor and fought against their brothers. The question that needs asking is. Are these records true??…

After the Tesstra Prime campaign many marines started to see changes in the attitude and character of their commanders. Resentment towards other legions and the emperor became an unstoppable force surging in waves. Until the primarch himself declared that the emperor cared not for his sons but only for himself. Alpharius sided with Horus and led his marines down the path of chaos. Several squads still loyal to the emperor were hunted down and dismembered by their brothers as sacrifices to their new masters.
Captain Vaporus and his company rallied two other companies still loyal to the emperor along with brother apothecary's Aquatis and Boronus also the brother tech-marine's Zionus and Xceilon. Taking advantage of the “drop site massacre”, the loyal faction of the alpha legion boarded a strike cruiser faking engine troubles. Storming off the thunder hawk Captain Vaporus took the three companies on a purge. Fuelled by rage that any brother could turn their back on the god emperor, Vaporus delivered the emperors might and justice to all those that stood before him. Commandeering the cruiser and ordering the navigator to plot a course far from any sector held by the imperium.

All comments are welcome

note: this is part one with changes

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers djinn24

made a few changes so please read again. part 2 should be up soon

Sea Dragon

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ive got most of the story on paper just have to get it on the comp. one Question though lets say my chapter does come clean and reports that they are alpha legion desendants yet are loyal to the emperor would the Ministrum and ordo hereticus still purge my chapter

cheers for all the help

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
part 2.

Out of the 300 marine that boarded the strike cruiser, 253 remained as the ship traversed the imperium. Records of this time are none existent but surviving records state that upon leaving the Segmentum Pacificus and heading in to the western expanse the number of marines was at 300.
The loyal faction finally came across an isolated planetary system; the system consisted of two planets and was far from the eyes of the imperium. The larger of the two was a lush jungle planet, with a dead baron moon. The second planet was a mass body of water with very little solid land mass. Scans of the two told a very different story. The jungle planet was over run with the green plague (orks). The water world was populated by a sea going tribal human population that periodically came under attack from orks. The humans though technologically advanced had no space port and built their cities on huge floating platforms. Only two of the tribal clans lived on solid ground. These two clans controlled huge underground forges that created the metal used to create the floating cities. Captain Vaporus upon seeing a human settlement under attack from the orks ordered his marines to saddle up.

Captain Vaporus gaining the gratitude of the local inhabitancy was able to acquire vast amounts of metal and other resources. The captain orders brothers Xceilon and Zionus to design a fortress Monastery from which they could protect the planet and purge the ork menace from the system. In time the fortress was built, a floating structure of monumental proportions.

Founding of the chapter.

In the centre of the newly finished fortress was a great hall, with depictions of the emperor in gold amour on the walls. Reams of holy text covered the columns. The west wall was the history of the chapter, this wall was blank.

Captain Vaporus: My brothers, we are what is left of our once great legion. Those of us who have strayed from the true righteous path must be hunted down and destroyed. Our once great Primarch has fallen, fallen were no salvation but the salvation of death can cleanse his soul. Thus my brothers we must wash ourselves of this vile taint. From this day forth, we cast off the name the Alpha legion and on this planet leviathan Prime we will be born anew. We will start a new Chapter in our history one in which the emperors glory and justice guide us, one in which the Sea Dragons will cleanse the taint of chaos from the imperium.

For the next 200 years the Sea Dragons, recruited from the local population, building up its force. Sykers within the recruits were singled out and killed by Vaporus’s (who was now Chapter Master) order because it was the librarians who spread the word of chaos (according to him). The Chapter had a high number of chaplains who had now also taken on the role of recording the Chapter’s history on the great halls wall.
The recruit’s final test was a test of survival. This represented the struggle the founding brothers when thought storming the strike crusier. This test consisted of sending the trainees to the ork infested world and culling their numbers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool ill build it up a bit. ye after i posted it i went back and whent over it. i must admit it did sound a bit weak. my chapter doesn't use librarians. ill try to make it a bit clearer. the battle i missed that out coz well im not that great at writing battles they always end up sounding wimpy... well ill give it a go.

cheers djinn

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Part 2 re-done and extended

Out of the 300 marine that boarded the strike cruiser, 253 remained as the ship traversed the imperium. Records of this time are none existent but surviving records state that upon leaving the Segmentum Pacificus and heading in to the western expanse the number of marines was at 300.
The loyal faction finally came across an isolated planetary system; the system consisted of two planets and was far from the eyes of the imperium. The larger of the two was a lush jungle planet, with a dead baron moon. The second planet was a mass body of water with very little solid land mass. Scans of the two told a very different story. The jungle planet was over run with the green plague (orks). The water world was populated by a sea going tribal human population that periodically came under attack from orks. The humans though technologically advanced had no space port and built their cities on huge floating platforms. Only two of the tribal clans lived on solid ground. These two clans controlled huge underground forges that created the metal used to create the floating cities. Captain Vaporus upon seeing a human settlement under attack from the orks ordered his marines to saddle up. From orbit the strike crusier fired at incoming ork asteroid landing craft taking out several of them. Wave after wave of asteroids fell towards the planet. Battling against the odds only three of the ork craft hit planet side, hundreds of orks spilled on to the largest of the islands and were advancing like a green tide towards the city.

Captain Vaporus his personal guard and three other squads climbed in to drop pods. Their designated drop site was on the out skirts of the city directly in front of the ork hoard. Captain Vaporus opened communications on his vox unit, “LAUCH”. High-G’s slammed into him as the pod screamed towards the surface, Vaporus’s hud counted down 3..2..1.. With a hiss the pod doors crashed into the ground and Vaporus stepped on to soil for the first time in years. Over the coms, “report” three green lights flashed in his hud, indicating all green with the squads.

“squad 6, verify the ork infestations location, but do not engage. Report back and find a sniper position, now go”.

“yes my lord”.

“squad 2 & 3, secure the area for support troops”.

“yes lord”

“Thunder hawk 5, DZ clear. Get down here now”

“my lord”

The inbound thunder hawk, touched down and unloaded its tactical and devastator squads. As soon as the marines were unloaded the thunder hawk lifted off returning to the ship.

Over coms “scouts report”

“Brother Captain, ork main force approaching your position from the west, numbers around 300, eta two minutes”.

“brothers, fall back to the west edge of the clearing keep the city to your backs, we will catch them in the open. Squad 4 (devistators) head north, and hit the aliens flank”.

Grand Chief Dervil, was going over mining production reports when the sky began to burn. Then the alarm sounded, his heart started to race. The alarm only sounded for one reason orks had come again to plunder the mines for their product. Production had been low for the last few months and so his people were in danger. Outside he could hear women starting to scream. It was then that something else fell from the sky, but these were different sleeker following a more graceful ark. Something snapped in his head, they reminded him of some story his grandfather had told him as a little boy. Something his grandfathers, grandfather had seen, but he couldn’t remember.

The orks burst into the clearing, screaming and showting at each other. “Sudup u idiots. We is almost there, u want the humies to where we is”

“bog off Goremog, u isn’t the boss of me, only da boss gives me odars”

“wat u say u worm. I is gona cho….<FIRE>

Goremog’s head exploded, as heavy bolter slug slammed in to it. The tree line exploded with slugs as the marines opened fire. Ten, twenty of the orks fell dead in the first second. Ork body parts few off as battle brothers’ bolters spat the emperor’s justice into the alien scum. Regaining composer the orks screamed their wwwaaaaggggghhhh and charged at the marines who had started advancing from the trees, bolters blazing. It was then that the second wave hit, the devastator squad opened fire with its two rocket launchers. Blowing a rather large ork through the air to land on several smaller orks. Targeting this group the squads heavy bolters unleashed a wall of death as the group of ork died in a bloody mist.

“Charge” drawing his power sword, Captain Vaporus ran at the ork who had just appeared in the middle of the ork hoard. Surrounded by his guard Vaporus slashed through limbs and bone. Slashing faces of the aliens in to bloody mess. Smashing his own men out of the way to get at the marines, Big Boss Grunk swung a claw at the Captains head only to be confronted by the Captains Sergeant.

“you have to get through me first alien”

“good, I is bin waitin for a good fight”. Swinging his claw at the sergeant’s head. Ducking the sergeant slammed his chain sword up into the boss orks face ripping out its eye. Shouting in rage the boss ork brought his claw down on the sergeants head knocking him down. His eyes clearing, the sergeant was staring up at the barell of a gun “good bye humie”. The sergeants head exploded, splattering brain and bone everywhere.

Marine and ork bodies lay everywhere as Captain Vaporus stood face to ace with the ork boss. “you alien filth, you do not belong on this world, leave or die”

“haha puny humie, we is da orks we don’t run from no ones. This belongs to da orks now”. Firing a few rounds in to the air, “wwwwwaaagghhh”

Captain Vaporus took his sword in two hands as the ork charged towards him. Dodging the first blow from the claw, he brought his sword down on the back of the orks neck slicing its head off. A great groan came from the orks as the bosses head rolled through the mud stopping at the feet of a badly scared ork.

from somewhere to the back of the orks remaining force a shout rang out “we is getting shot up, im off”

“don’t let them escape, kill them all”. The remaining orks were hunted down and destroyed. (although from time to time even to this day some feral orks do appear).

From the towers of the city many clan warriors watched the fight in complete silence amazed and fearful of this new force that so completely destroyed an enemy they could never defeat.

“sergeant report”. Remembering the death of his brother, who had been fighting for so long at his side. Turning to the nearest battle brother, “brother what is your name”

“Castalus my lord”

“brother Castalus you fought well to day. Gather the squads to me I want to know the bill”.

“yes my lord, thank you lord” running of to find his sergeant.

Apothecary Aquatis approached the captain “Captain, we lost 15 of our brothers today and another 3 wont last long. Sergeant Borus and his squad are all dead.”

Aprotching the city the marines were met by an old man a group of warriors who even facing marines showed no fear. This impressed the captain giving him the idea of setting up his fortress on the planet.

The Captain stepped forward and removed his helmet. Showing the clan his human face. The clan visably relaxed, the old man Vaporus assumed was the chief stepped forward and asked what business they had on the planet of Leviathan.

“we are the servants of the emperor of mankind. We have come in peace and no human should fear us, as we are the protectors of mankind, as set down by the holy emperor. But we shall get to that another time, we only wish to settle on your world and recruit your sons into our legion. In return not only your clan but all the clans shall have our protection from all those that would enslave you”.

It took a year and a day for the people of leviathan to think of the marines as their protectors. And the marines did as they promised they protected the inhabitants from countless ork raids. And in return many young boys went to the marine to train and become as they are.

Captain Vaporus gaining the gratitude of the local inhabitancy was able to acquire vast amounts of metal and other resources. The captain orders brothers Xceilon and Zionus to design a fortress Monastery from which they could protect the planet and purge the ork menace from the system. In time the fortress was built, a floating structure of monumental proportions.

Founding of the chapter.

In the centre of the newly finished fortress was a great hall, with depictions of the emperor in gold amour on the walls. Reams of holy text covered the columns. The west wall was the history of the chapter, this wall was blank.

Captain Vaporus: My brothers, we are what is left of our once great legion. Those of us who have strayed from the true righteous path must be hunted down and destroyed. Our once great Primarch has fallen, fallen were no salvation but the salvation of death can cleanse his soul. Thus my brothers we must wash ourselves of this vile taint. From this day forth, we cast off the name the Alpha legion and on this planet leviathan Prime we will be born anew. We will start a new Chapter in our history one in which the emperors glory and justice guide us, one in which the Sea Dragons will cleanse the taint of chaos from the imperium.

For the next 200 years the Sea Dragons, recruited from the local population, building up its force. Sykers within the recruits were singled out and killed by Vaporus’s (who was now Chapter Master) order because it was the librarians who spread the word of chaos. The Chapter had a high number of chaplains who had now also taken on the role of recording the Chapter’s history on the great halls wall.
The recruit’s final test was a test of survival. This represented the struggle the founding brothers when thought storming the strike crusier. This test consisted of sending the trainees to the ork infested world and culling their numbers.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
part 3 coming soon

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hey guys part 3 should be on today or tomoz. been ill !!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
ok here we go Part 3.

For the next 200 years the Sea Dragons, recruited from the local population, building up its force. Psykers within the recruits were singled out and killed by Vaporus’s (who was now Chapter Master) order because it was the librarians who spread the word of chaos while the legion was still whole. The Chapter had a high number of chaplains who had now also taken on the role of recording the Chapter’s history on the great halls wall. The high number of Chaplains is to compensate for the lack of the Chapter having no librarians. Also it is to keep the brothers on the emperor’s path.

The Sea dragons still Recruits squad-sized groups as opposed to individuals like the founding legion did. A squad had to master the adaptation from man to Space Marine as a group; if one failed, all were considered to have failed. Foolhardy heroics were frowned upon, and the overall plan was considered more important than any one Marine.
Many of the tests a man had to endure to become a marine of this chapter are physical test. Being a sea world many of these consisted of water training. Made to swim in one spot for hours on end, to raise physical fitness.
Survive in frozen waters in a semi-hypothermic state. As tests progressed a group of recruits would be air lifted 10 miles from the floating fortress and forced to swim back. This distance increased steadily until it became a 100 miles.
Other tests consisted of sending the trainees to the ork infested world and ordering the recruits to cull the number of orks, only able to return to the drop site when each recruit had ten heads with him. This number increased to a hundred in the final of these tests.
Any recruit who survived these tests became a scout in the Sea Dragon’s chapter to finish their training. After completing their training, the recruit’s final test was a test of survival. This represented the struggle the founding brothers when thought storming the strike cruiser. The scouts groups, armed only with combat knives would be dropped on the ork planet. Theses scouts would have to survive on the planet for a month, certain locations with supplies were given to them these supplies raged from food packs to small arms. But there was a catch; the locations were very close to ork camps forcing the scouts to remove the orks before the supply drop would be made. Only by surviving the month would a scout become a full member of the chapter.

Combat Doctrine

The tactics utilized by the Sea Dragons follows the old ways of the founding legion. This revolves around attacking the enemy in as many different ways as possible simultaneously. Many other chapters such as the Ultra Marines do not approve of these hit and run tactics the Sea Dragons sometimes use. Although these tactics are only employed, if totally necessary. The main tactics employed by the Sea Dragons, involve a pincer move, by either surrounding the enemy, charging in on their flacks or using one force to drive the enemy into an ambush where a second force will suddenly appear and savage them from the rear.

Organization.

Standard setup of 10 companies per brigade. (1000 marines per brigade)

Force is split in to 1st and 2nd Brigade.

1st company 1st brigade (Dragon Breath)
1st company 2nd brigade (Leviathan guard)

Those destined to become tech-marines are sent to mars under the name of another chapter.

M32/ 779. Chapter Master Vaporus is severally wounded in ork raid by the ork war boss and is kept alive in a stasis chamber. Commander Suzurus of the 2nd brigade is elevated to Chapter Master. He changes his name to Vaporus II and in doing so starts a tradition, where all following Chapter Masters Change their name to that of their founder. Captain Degrus of the 2nd brigade’s first company is elevated to Commander of the 2nd brigade.

M33/ 012. Sea Dragons Chapter fully restored and consists of 2000 marines. Cruiser patrol comes across derelict battle barge. Finds several damaged tanks and three dreadnaughts. Vaporus I, is finally put into a dreadnaught, and rises again to fight for the chapter.

M33/ 050. Second ork war. New war boss attacks Leviathan prime, and is pushed back. Vaporus II leads his 1st three companies to the ork planet accompanied by commander Degrus and the 1st company of the 2nd brigade. Killing the war boss krunk.

M33/ 055. expeditions to moon of leviathan II (ork planet) to determine it resources. Vaporus II uses found mineral deposits to setup a mining operation and small chapter keep protecting it. Space port built.

RECORDS LOST.

M37/ 361. Vaporus IV is chapter master. Commander Degrus III is new commander of the 2nd brigade after Degrus II dies on ork planet. Track down ex-legion brothers on Mihok Secundus. Vaporus IV wounded, encased in dreadnaught.

M38/ 515. Vaporus V dies fighting orks. Vaporus VI leads Sea Dragons on the great defense of Leviathan II’s moon from Dark Eldar and orks. Commander Degrus V dies at this battle. Commander Castalus I takes his place (no relation to Brother Castalus from Vaporus I’s time).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
each of the dates will become a fluff in its self at some point

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
oops sorted that out.

ye part 4 comes soon. but dont know what.

is there any info on my chapter people would like to know.

still have to try and figure a way for them to rejoin the imperium as well.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
never thought of that cool. i wanted to some how have a strong conection with the Adep-Mech and be under the eye of the inquisitors, for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Ok here we go next part.

M39/ 301. Sea Dragons participate in 11th dark crusade. And suffer heavy losses retreating to home world.

Many times the Sea Dragons have fought the Alpha Legion, on many worlds where other chapters have fought and died. But always in secret always from the shadows, never showing their faces to those they say are their brothers.

M41/ 992. Second Tyrannic War. Iyanden craft-world nearly destroyed by Hive Fleet Kraken. 4th fleet responds to the Tyranid menace. Lamenters chapter lost at mining worlds of Devlan. Sea Dragons respond to distress call.

M41 set up of the Sea Dragons.

First Brigade.

Chapter master. Vaporus VII (captain of first company Dragon Breath)

1st company (Dragons Breath)

Chapter Master+ personal guard (terminators)

1st squad ------ terminators
2nd squad------ tactical
3rd squad ------ tactical
4th squad ------ assault
5th squad ------ Machines
6th squad ------ Devastator
7th squad ------ Devastator
Reserve
8th squad ------ tactical
9th squad ------ tactical
10th squad ----- assault
11th squad----- Scouts

2nd company

Captain+ personel guard (terminators)

1st squad ------ terminators
2nd squad------ tactical
3rd squad ------ tactical
4th squad ------ assault
5th squad ------ Machines
6th squad ------ Devastator
7th squad ------ Devastator
Reserve
8th squad ------ tactical
10th squad ----- assault
11th squad----- Scouts

3rd and 4th companies are the same as the first and second

5th company is a reserve company same makeup.

6thand 7th are Devastator companies

Captain + personal guard (terminators)

1ST squad----- terminators
2nd squad ----- terminators
3rd squad ----- devastator
4th squad ------ devastator
5th squad ------ devastator
6th squad ------ tactical
7th squad ------ tactical
Reserve
8th squad ------ devastator
10th squad ----- tactical
11th squad----- Scouts

8th and 9th are reserve Devastator companies

Tenth Company is a scout company that supplies the scouts for each of the other companies.

The 1st brigade is then split into two fleets.

1st fleet:

1st company
3rd company
5th company (reserve)
6th company
8th company (reserve)
10th company (half)
2nd fleet:

2nd company
4th company
7th company
9th company
10th company (half)

Second Brigade

Exactly the same makeup as the first Brigade

Leviathan Guard (1st company) Commander Castalus II
Also is split up into two fleets. Fleets 3 and 4.

The Sea Dragons 4th fleet, headed by the Battle Barge “imminent death” intercepted signals from the craft-world Iyanden. Captain Dreg, commander of the fleet Changes coarse and rushes to confront the tyranid enemy.
Coming up on the craft-world, Captain Dreg enters orbit on the dark side. “right boys here we are, scan the surface and get me a read out of curent troop movments, give me the location of the Eldar main force and get me Captain Perdithus”.

There was a chime from the speaker, indicating there was someone at the door. Captain Perdithus for a moment considered not answering the call. Sighing “enter”.
A brother entered the room kneeling just inside the door way. “brother Captain, Captain Dreg wishes for your presence on the bridge, sir”.

“thank you, brother. Lead the way”.

Captain Perdithus entered the bridge, “Dreg what is it you needed me for?”

“Perdithus, old friend we are in for a fight and by the looks of it a long and hard one. This is what we have found out so far”.

Captain Dreg, brought up a 3D image of the planet, “the red areas indicate large numbers of Tyranid swarms in the western hemisphere and the green areas show the Eldar forces in the south eastern areas. By landing our forces in these three locations, (indicating a point either side of the Eldar force and another point off to the right in the north east) we can over run the Eldar forces from both sides. These two forces once linked up can pincer the oncomeing Tyranids with the third force and hold them off while more of our brothers drop to the surface to reinforce them”.

“brother Dreg, are you mad. Such a plan would work against orks and Eldar or even against Chaos and Eldar. The Tyranid scum are completely different, firstly this is not a human world therefore I care little for its population and cities we are here to hold the Tyranid filth at bay for as long as we can if we can use the Eldar as cannon fodder we will do. Send a message to Commander Castalus II, ask him for reinforcements. Right this what we are going to do. We are going to drop the 2rd company here….

From deep orbit another imperial ship sat watching, onboard Inquisitor Czevak sat contemplating what to do with this unknown ship. It showed no signs of Chaos and yet its Chapter Marking did not match any know loyal marine chapter. Turning to the captain “I want you to…..

To be continued….

any coments are wellcome

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
cool. after 10,000yrs of recruitment and compaired to other chapters they havent been fighting all that much. i thought the number would be quite realistic. plus gene-seed can be removed from a marine while alive so a build-up of seed can be made.

for the termie's i'll hav to build up some fluff but i was going to go for salvage operations found several of them. but whats the general view of finding a STC on frabricating new termie suits.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
From deep orbit another imperial ship sat watching, onboard Inquisitor Czevak sat contemplating what to do with this unknown ship. It showed no signs of Chaos and yet its Chapter Marking did not match any know loyal marine chapter. Turning to the captain “I want you to contact terra, and get me a contingent of marines. We will see if these are imperial or renegade forces”.

Captain Perdithus “we are going to drop the 2nd company here, with brother Visiton (Dread). (pointing to a location, off the front of the Tyranids left flank). The same for the 7th but on the right flank, and I want the 4th and 9th to drop into the Eldar controlled area and establish contact with their farseer. Oh and Dreg I want your 4th company to do the negotiating. We drop in 2 Terran hours”.

Perdithus returned to his quarters and started chanting the rights of amour, slowly putting his terminator amour on. An hour and a half passed, Perdithus’s heavy steps hammered the deck as he entered the drop pod staging area. Several marines were double checking their amour as he entered, coming to swift attention. “at ease brothers”.

“Sir Chaplin Sturgus, is about to renew the Dragons vow, he would consider your presence a great honor”.

“haha would he now, yes sergeant Apolus I will attend as always”

“Brothers, only the emperor’s true justice is law, only the emperor’s will guides us. We will never stray from his divine light… again”

“Never again” echoed though the bay.

“mount up”

Captain Perdithus and his personal Guard stepped off the drop pod ramp. His terminator amour still seemed heavy after all this time. Perdithus remembered when he first laid eyes on the suit he now considered his own. He was a young Captain then only two yrs under his belt. He had been on routine patrol in their home sector, when scanners picked up a large object adrift in space. It was on a heading 254 by 010 relative to terra 0 by 0. First impressions indicated it was a space hulk. Alarms had sounded through out the ship, possible hostile alien scum. Upon closer inspection it was deemed to be a derelict Ultra Marines Battle Barge, no distress beacon had been activated and the ship its self wasn’t all that damaged apart from a massive rent in the port side. Captain Perdithus remembered entering the derelict ship to find many of their fellow marines cut to shreds many just in their robes. Several marines had been able to get amour on yet these too had been cut to ribbons. It wasn’t until reaching the bridge that an answer to this ghost ship became apparent. There on the floor of the bridge lay a dead Chaos Sorcerer from their most hated of enemies the Alpha Legion. Throughout the ship more Alpha Legion marine bodies were found. Lastly the Captain found the mangled remains of the armory door, at least twenty Alpha marine bodies were piled high in what was left of the door way. In side they found fully stocked shelves of arms, ammo and amour. All useful items where salvaged from the abandoned ship. In total 40 terminator suits were found over 200 mark 8 suit were found, food stuffs and everything else was taken. It wasn’t long after the salvage had finished that the Captain came across a locked door. He aimed his plasma pistol at the door disintegrating it in to a molten pulp on the deck, behind the door was a room that had been obviously the Captains depictions of the emperor lined the wall, verse upon verse of holy text lined other walls, then he laid eyes on it, the terminator amour polished to perfection standing in the corner of the room. Brother Tech-marine Amoxicus took several days to strip key systems from the ship. He also was able to retrieve the data log of the ship… “Sir.. Sir..”

“Brother Captain, are you alright”

Captain Perdithus snapped back to the present. Looking round he found Sergeant Apolus next to him with a look of concern across his face.

“it’s nothing Sergeant just remembering the past, its nothing important”

“sir”

“set up a perimeter around the DZ and call in the rest of the company. When they arrive ask brother Visiton to report to me”.

“yes Captain”

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
hay how should i go about the inqu facing the chapter. should i have Cezvakstorm down to the planet or have him wait till the fight is over and have him storm the fleet.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
not trusted by the demon hunters ay.. cool i like it if the fluff lasts that long might use that. next part soon !!

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
i like that, although i should finish this part first lol. haha

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
“set up a perimeter around the DZ and call in the rest of the company. When they arrive ask brother Visiton to report to me”.

“yes Captain”

Perdithus look up at the alien sky, drop pod after drop pod fell from the sky leaving fire trails in the night sky. His gaze shifted to the land, stretched for miles in every direction lit in an amber glow from the streaks of fire that seemed to burn the air itself. He still felt uneasy about not seeing the sea, even after his countless decades of service, fighting on countless worlds. He still didn’t like it. The ground rumbled as heavy metal steps approached Perdithus, the hiss of pistons filled the air as the gient form of Brother Visiton stopped beside him.

Both stood in silence until in a metal augmented voice brother visiton spoke. “so here we are brother on another alien world defending our brothers who don’t know we exist”

“haha, yes but as always we have made the oath never to contact our brothers, we must live in the shadows protecting the imperium, until the day the imperium finds us. It is our punishment as put down by the First”.

“So Perdithus my old friend what is the plan”

“the plan, the plan is for our 2nd company to hound the Alien scum from the left and the 7th company will do the same from the right. As the Tyranids do they will automatically attack us, it is then that the Eldar and the 4th and 9th companies will attack from the front”.

“There is one problem with your plan brother, what if the Eldar do not wish to ally with us”

An evil grin crossed the captains face “well if that is to happen the we will simply lead the Tyranids to the Eldar city, by hit and run tactics and let them fight each other to the death”.

The dreadnoughts power-fist spun as Visiton shifted his heavy metal body’s weight from one leg to the other.

Perditus smiled (brother Visiton always does that when he gets excited)

“Captain, message from Captain Dreg sir, talks have failed the 4th and 9th are pulling back behind the Eldar Forces and await your orders”

“very well, tell him to hold and if any Eldar try to retreat from their city to kill them. Also form up the squads I want the devastator squads to form up and take up positions between the Eldar and aliens to draw them into the city. Tactical squads are to engage the enemy and draw them into the devastator’s line of fire. Brother Visiton take command of the devastator squads”.

Perditus walked off to find his own men, and the rest of the terminators. Stopping to grab a squad of scouts, “brothers go find me the enemy, report in on vox channel 230Ψ”.

“yes lord” signaling the other three scouts to follow the scouts stormed off in the direction of the enemy.

Scout leader Jargus took his squad in to a wooded area. Starting their search pattern, it wasn’t all that long before Haymus broke the silence “Leader I got som...”

“Haymus, this so isn’t time for your bad joke of the day, do you have any idea what these scum bag freaks can do to…”

Haymus’s voice quivered “I did have a good one today, but that’s not what I found”.

The others hearing the change in Haymus’s voice rushed to his location not fifty meters away. There in a clearing stood Haymus surrounded by dead Eldar guardsmen and several dead Gaunts. The Eldar were sliced to ribbons severed limbs scattered here and there disemboweled corpses lay on the ground with their guts spilling out on to the moss covered ground. Several of the bodies seemed to have been chewed on.

“Ok lads we’ve all seen dead Eldar before, no big deal. Lets carryout the Captains orders, so we can get to killing the bastards”.

“sure we’ve all seen death hundreds of times, but not to the point were your enemy feeds on your dead body”.

“Oy, that’s enough Haymus fall in, there only Eldar forget them”.

Moving away from the clearing a discussion broke out between the group, about whether it had been a Tyranid scout force or part of the main assault. “Well I know the answer, it was only a recon party” the others all turned to Jargus.
“How do you know that leader” Haymus’s face looked slightly confused.

“Coz of that down there” they had come to the edge of the wooded area to find them selves on the top of a steep hill. In front of them was a grass plain or what was left of one anyway. The plain below seemed to shift and move like a tide.

“You have got to be kidding me” the words came from Fandus one of Jargus’s scouts his hands griping and re-griping his sniper rifle. What they saw was an endless sea of Tyranid bodies shifting and milling around as if waiting for some unknown hand to guide them to the next killing ground.

Jargus connected his vox com link to the Captains 230Ψ channel. “Lord Captain this is scout leader Jargus 2nd Company 10th squad. Sir we have located the enemy what are your orders”.

Perdithus voice sounded in Jargus’s ear. “Well done lad, will converge on your position. Your orders are to hold position and stay out of sight of the enemy, understood”.

“Yes, lord Captain”

1 - 20 of 49 Posts