Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
40K Army: Imperial Guard
Hi guys I need some help with a 1000p guard list I am putting together.

I have just joined a new club and am looking to start playing again after a break of 10 years.

I am planing to have most of my units mounted in transports as I am liking the feel of a mech army.

Please comment and give advice as I am a total noob with 40k

Company command squad with master of ordinance Astropath vox caster medi pack 2 snipers camo gear riding in a Taurox - 188 points

Infantry platoon command squad with a mortar team and 2 snipers - 39 points

2 infantry squads both with bolt guns for the sergeant vox caster melta gun heavy bolter riding In a Taurox - 136 points each - 272 points

2 heavy weapons squads both with 2 las cannons and a mortar - 90 points each - 180 points

Veteran squad with a bolt gun for the sergeant heavy flamer heavy bolter plasma gun melta gun in a Taurox armed with a hunter killer missile - 161 points

Leman Russ battle tank with heavy bolter side sponsors and a hunter killer missile - 180 points

The battle plan would be for the heavy weapons squads and the platoon command to dig in at the rear of the army and fire on energy tanks and the like, while the squads rush for the objectives supported by the Leman Russ. The company command squad would move into the centre of the board and find cover and support from there.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help, I will have a rejig on the heavy weapons and look into dropping the platoon and take more veteran squads

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reworked the heavy weapons team. Changed one to have 3 mortars and the other 3 auto cannons. Withe the spare points I included a sentinel.

What's your thougHts on the changes???

1 - 3 of 3 Posts