Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im attempting to build a new chaos army that is sort of balanced, but also more vehicle based, i dont plan on this being tournament usable its just for games with my cousin and brother.

Its over by about 200 points so i was planning on dropping the zerks but wasnt sure if that would leave my army to long ranged, i was counting on them as being my main source of close combat

HQ

Chaos Terminator Lord<Daemon Weapon, Mark of Nurgle, Personal Icon

Daemon Prince<Wings, Mark of Nurgle, Nurgle’s Rot

Troops

10x Plague Marines<Champion with power weapon, Icon, Flamer

10x Plague Marines<Champion with power fist and plasma pistol, Flamer, Rhino< Twin linked bolter

10x Khorne Berserkers<Skull Champion with Plasma Pistol

10x Chaos Marines<Champion with power fist and plasma pistol, Icon of Nurgle, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Gun, Rhino< dover blade, Havoc Launcher

Elite

5x Terminators<2x combiweapon, 1x power fist, 1x chainfist, 1x reaper autocannon

1x Dreadnought<Twinlinked Lascannon, close combat weapon with Flamer

1x Dreadnought<Twinlinked Lascannon, close combat weapon with Flamer

Heavy Support

1x Defiler<Reaper Autocannon, Close Combat Weapon, Dozer Blade

1x Defiler<Autocannon, Havoc Launcher, Dozer Blade

1x Predator<Autocannon, Heavy Bolters, Combiweapon

1x Predator<Lascannon, Lascannons, Twinlinked Bolter

1x Vindicator< Twinlinked Bolter

Total 2695 points

so all criticisms are welcome, thanks for the input

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm think'n keep the zerkers and drop the vanilla marines for a squad of melta chosen.(5xchosen, each with melat gun) And on the dreadnought drop the twin-lascans for multi-meltas! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Plague Marines do not need to be in squads of 10...7 is plenty
Give your Skull Champion a powerfist, Str 9 on the charge will help you take out almost anything.
Tbh, i feel plasma pistols to be some what uselss, (this is my own opinion) but you could replace those pistols with more units which means more attacks = more damage
Drop the reaper on your terminator for a flamer. Template > 2 shots.

Aif you need some close combat, go with the 2 defilers with all out CC weapons and rush em up with your berzerkers. They are cheap and have 6 Str 10 attks on the charge! gg right there.

Drop the bolter on your vindicator and predators, once the main cannon on your vindi goes down just use it as a shield or ram vehicles with it.
I usually run my preds with side sponson las with autocannon top...it saves a bit of points.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts