Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need brainstorming help for constructing a 1500 point mechanized Space Marines list using Iron Hands tactics. I own many Land Raiders, Predators, Vindicators, Rhinos, Razorbacks, Whirlwinds and Dreadnoughts.

I just can't seem to figure out how to best use my troops and so far my lists have done mediocre. Ideally I'd love to run a unit of Hammernators in a Raider, but this isn't an absolute. I face all kinds of opponents but my local meta lacks flyers. Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm so one list I was trying was a 1500 list with Lysander and Hamnernators in a Redeemer, four tactical squads with flamers in las Razorbacks, and three Whirlwinds.

I've decided to start using Iron Hands tactics instead so obviously I wontybe using Lysander.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ummm so one list I was trying was a 1500 list with Lysander and Hamnernators in a Redeemer, four tactical squads with flamers in las Razorbacks, and three Whirlwinds.

I've decided to start using Iron Hands tactics instead so obviously I wontybe using Lysander.
well its not much of a mech list ..with easlily killed
why not look at something like MOTF so you can take some dreads in yout elite slot?
im not abig fan of whirlwinds myselfl, and a stormraven in you fast.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
The thing about LRs that I've noticed is that you should take two if you want one of their payloads to hit home. Maybe I face a stiff opposition to armour, but when I take two of those bad boys shit hits the fan real nice...but that's for 2k+.

How many Razorbacks could you field, would it be worth spamming 5 man marine squads as troops in RBs with Vindicators and Dreadnoughts as backup firebase with a LRR charging up the centre?

Unless you're facing a lot of Melta (or armourbane) weapons I've really started liking the LRR again. Took a while, but I had it wipe out 20 marines in one turn...made me smile. Granted, if it weren't for them failing their Ld tests and running off the board edge it wouldn't have happened.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The thing about LRs that I've noticed is that you should take two if you want one of their payloads to hit home. Maybe I face a stiff opposition to armour, but when I take two of those bad boys shit hits the fan real nice...but that's for 2k+.

How many Razorbacks could you field, would it be worth spamming 5 man marine squads as troops in RBs with Vindicators and Dreadnoughts as backup firebase with a LRR charging up the centre?

Unless you're facing a lot of Melta (or armourbane) weapons I've really started liking the LRR again. Took a while, but I had it wipe out 20 marines in one turn...made me smile. Granted, if it weren't for them failing their Ld tests and running off the board edge it wouldn't have happened.
I like your thoughts. I was thinking of a couple options to build around a hammerstar.

Option 1:
Captain/Hammernators/Redeemer
4 Lasbacks with 5 man tac flamer squads
2 Vindicators

Option 2:
Captain/Hammernators/Redeemer
3 Rhinos with 10 man plasma squads
2 Tri-Las Predators

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Biggest thing I absolutely hate about Hammernators: they can't sweeping advance. Personally I would take a Captain and Honour Guard that's stacked with PWs and SSs.

...and two Vindicators over two Las Predators every day. With both lists you lack flyer defense somethin' fierce.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts